Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDankievitch TDR MEMBER

It’s been a fun journey but things have to end sometime. After 32 years, yes I was one of the first owners way back when I bought that 89. My ownership of a Cummins powered truck has come to an end. On Jan 8th 2022 I sold my 2013 Ram and put a deposit on a 2021 F150 diesel. Over the years I’ve learned a lot on here. This site, this magazine, you people have been part of my family. I’m not going to abandon. I look forward to sharing my new adventures with this Ford diesel. I still feel that Cummins makes by far the best engine. I just lost faith in what it’s being bolted to.
    Enough negativity. With that stay tuned as I share my adventure and misadventures.
    Ed

EDankievitch , Jan 16, 2022
    Tuesdak, GrantP, brucejohnson and 8 others like this.
  2. nukegm

keep us posted on the new wheels.....and best of luck comrade! cheers! :)

nukegm , Jan 16, 2022
  3. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Well, just because you don’t own a Cummins doesn’t mean you can’t be a part of the forum. Best of luck on the Ford.

BigPapa , Jan 16, 2022
  4. BSeyler

Enjoy your F-150. We have an F-150 SuperCrew with the 5L for a DD. We like it for what it’s intended for and think it’s well built. However, I’m still happiest in my 2000 CTD.

BSeyler , Jan 16, 2022
  5. gtwitch

ED, I can commiserate with you in many ways ,but I think we are being drug into this by US-EPA , my 1999 5.9 is still churning and does not make any black smoke and with 250K + miles is still my daily driver as my 2016-2500 is hooked for the rest of the winter to my 14k toy/snowmobile covered trailer as it goes to the mountain twice a week all winter (100 mile round trip) . While I still read all of TDR each quarter, and I know what to expect from my 2016- 2500. Most of that is not Cummins but will be part of what EPA has caused by the add-ons. and what every one here knows Pollution is cured by Dilution and in Wyoming the 50+ mph winds take care of any pollution (as small as that might be) there is no
    detectable carbon footprint when that wind caries that air mass out of Wyoming to the east. Oh well this only my humble opinion but backed up by observation on my part.
    gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch , Jan 16, 2022
  6. Turbo Terry

I used to live in Laramie 33 years ago hard to have air pollution at 50 mph winds

Turbo Terry , Jan 16, 2022
  7. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

I have driven 93 in Nevada with pretty heavy smoke from the West Coast forest fires!

SnoKing , Jan 17, 2022
  8. jgillott TDR MEMBER

My current '07 5.9 will be my last. When this one is gone, it will not be replaced. Don't get me wrong, I still love these things and I've been at this for well over 20 years. I just don't need one anymore or want to deal with the cost and complexity of the new ones. In fact, I'm probably going to be selling my diesel Sprinter sometime in 2022. I almost did this fall, but likely will for sure this year. Diesels have passed me by and though I will miss them, I'll get over it.

jgillott , Jan 17, 2022
    Michaelsloft likes this.
  9. p-Bar

same with my current 18 I bought a year ago. It will be my last too 64 now will take me into my 70's . My 04.5 i enjoyed and just recently sold it off. Much luck with the Ford keep us up.

p-Bar , Jan 17, 2022
  10. bcbender TDR MEMBER

LOL... that made me laugh!.. I have never thought it was a thing. I always bought the Cummins engine and its "associated" parts, IMHO, they are better now than there were back then, at least the doors dont fall off anymore

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    bcbender , Jan 18, 2022
    Rob S likes this.