Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzldpatriot

Have encountered my first "issue" with my truck. Not bad after 4+ years and only 63k miles. The washer pump is not working or is not getting power. I've checked the fuses (must be on the same circuit as the wipers?) all are good and everything else works. I've cycled the ignition for codes and have none. I tried to dis-connect the wire harness at the pump, but got no further than sliding the red "lock" up. Whats the secret to dis-connecting the plug ends :eek: Didn't want to take a bath in washer fluid either :eek:

Once I get this unplugged, can someone point me in the right direction regarding which wires are what? I've also dis-connected the washer hose prior to the nozzles with no flow. Hoping its the pump...

Thanks in advance.

dzldpatriot , Sep 27, 2009
  2. DeezelDood

Same thing just happened to me.

Have you found your problem?

DeezelDood , Feb 2, 2010
  3. dzldpatriot

I finally got around to working on this. I pulled the connector off the pump and checked for power while my son worked the switch. I was lucky and had power to the pump, so it was a quick fix in replacing the pump, part #05103452AA. It was a little spendy, around $90? But, timing is everything with the weather & road conditions here as of late. Hope you have the luck I did :)

dzldpatriot , Feb 6, 2010
  4. Motorhead

I have found that most in-op washer pumps is due to debris build up in the pump. Most times I can remove the pump and soak the "wet end" of the pump in vinegar for a day. This usually eats up the calcium gunk that builds up in it. Some pumps like the ones on the 80's Mercedes had a place where you could insert a small tool to turn and get the pump turning again. I will then bench test them with a 12v power source before reinstalling them. Worth $90. 00 to try.....

Motorhead , Feb 6, 2010
  5. BIGNASTY

wash or water

Do you use a window wash or just water in the tank?

BIGNASTY , Feb 7, 2010
  6. DeezelDood

Washer inop problem was a failed TIPM. Dealer also went over the whole truck and found a leaky axle seal and a bad coolant hose. Downside, they flashed my computer with all the updates. Looks good so far. Maxcare warranty just saved me about $1,000. I paid about $1,900 for that peace of mind and I have 3 years left on it. Who knows what else will happen. Great truck but we're largely at the mercy of a bunch of expensive sole-source circuit boards. Search "warranty" and there are a lot of posts on a fairly-priced OEM warranty that is available from a dealer in Massachusetts.

DeezelDood , Mar 1, 2010