Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archive

Has anyone else installed a blue box and had the check engine light come on repeatedly? I pulled the code and it said it was, "1690. " Unfortunately since I don't have a service manual I can't look up this code. Today when the check engine light came on, the truck didn't want to accelerate at all. Any comments, or answers?

------------------
    2001 ETH SWB Sport, HX-40, 4" Exhaust, DD III's, RE-0880, ATS Manifold, Too MUCH Stereo

Archive , Jan 19, 2001
  2. Archive

<font color=blue>1690 - Fuel Injection Pump CKP Sensor does not agree with ECM CKP Sensor.

Problem in fuel sync signal. Possible injection pump timing problem. Low power, engine derated, or engine stops.

This is from a 2001 service manual. Either you hooked up the BlueBox incorrectly or it is a defective box. YOu said the problem only appeared after installing the BlueBox right?

Archive , Jan 19, 2001
  3. Archive

yes the problem only appeared after installing the blue box. Big_Carl give me a shout if you read this.

------------------
    2001 ETH SWB Sport, HX-40, 4" Exhaust, DD III's, RE-0880, ATS Manifold, Too MUCH Stereo

Archive , Jan 19, 2001
  4. Archive

I also have a Blue Box and just started getting a similar code: P1689, which basically says the ECM and injector pump aren't talking. Don't know why and it won't clear. BigCarl, any ideas? Thanks!

------------------
    '99 2500 4X4 QC/LB Blue Box, 14cm2 housing, RS9000's, VelvetRide, Line-X, M/T w/Goodyear 305/70s, boost/EGT/transmission temp, transmission pressure, AMSOIL throughout, BD valve body/TC/PressureLoc, Bosch 275 injectors
    Don't be fuelish, go diesel

Archive , Jan 20, 2001
  5. Archive

I was just moving this to the top because right now my truck is running like SH*T

------------------

Archive , Jan 20, 2001
  6. Archive

<font color=blue>Have you removed the BlueBox or is it still installed? First thing I would do is take off the BlueBox and see if it clears up. If the problem is still there after removal of the BlueBox then there is something wrong that needs to be addressed. If it goes away after removal of the BlueBox then you know it was either installed incoreectly or its a defective box. Does the BlueBox have different "versions" for different motors (ETC vs ETH) or different years?????

Just tossing out some ideas... ..... I don't have any experience with a BlueBox so I can not comment on the specifics of it.

Archive , Jan 20, 2001
  7. Archive

Kat's advice is good. Remove the wires from your injection pump that go to the blue box. Make sure you spliced into the proper wires. If you look at them and are 100 percent sure you have the correct wires, I would leave it unhooked and call Chip(owner) first thing Monday morning.
    I have installed several of the Blue Chip boxes, and they all went without a hitch. Except mine! I put on their boost module, and a water in fuel light came on. Unhook the boost module, the light went out. Chip/Jane sent me out a new boost module, works great now.
    I don't recommend running it without the boost module, but you might just remove it for a bit to see if it clears the light in your dash. This would also help Chip figure out the problem.

------------------
    Rob Hanson
    1999 "Big Red", 3500 SLT QC 4X4 6 spd, 4. 10 LSD, Braided SS fuel lines, Mag-Hytec Rear Cover, Cummins E-Brake, Blue Box, DD3 Injectors, Banks High Ram and 14cm Wastegated Turbo, All-steel Cowl Induction Hood, Cummins RED Valve Cover, Rhino, Rosewood Kit, Scotty System, SportComp Gauges, TorkLift SuperHitch, Tekonsha Brake Controller, Rear Flood lights, Cobra CB, DeeZee Running Boards, BD 2WD Low kit, Air Lift bags and a Geno's "I tromped a Ford" decal. Member of BOMB! (WW NW Chapter)

MyPics.com (pics updated 10/14/00)

I'd rather be... .
    Cummin than Strokin.

Archive , Jan 20, 2001
  8. Archive

Well the first check engine light went out but I got a new one now, number 1693. Anyone know what this one is for?

------------------

Archive , Jan 21, 2001
  9. Archive

Did you completely remove the BlueBox? Or just the Boost module? P1693 is "usually" associated with an "overboost" condition.

What type of Boost Module were you using before you installed the BlueBox? With the DDIII's and HX40 I am sure ya had some sort of Boost Module???

Archive , Jan 21, 2001
  10. Archive

I was using a DD boost module.

------------------

Archive , Jan 21, 2001
  11. Archive

<font color=blue>Just wondering if anything has changed? Have ya found out anything else?

Just looking for an update... ...

Archive , Jan 23, 2001
  12. Archive

Well the check engine light went off and power is back to normal. I changed the jumpers from 40% to 30% so we'll see if that was the cause. I haven't gotten a chance to call Chip but right now everything is running exactly like it should. I'll keep it posted if anything else changes.

------------------
    2001 ETH SWB Sport, Blue Box, HX-40, 4" Exhaust, DD III's, RE-0880, ATS Manifold, Too MUCH Stereo, Grizzly Nerf Bars, Pathfinder 315's,

Archive , Jan 23, 2001