Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. americana

not looking to start a war......

I need recommendations on either a replacement (comapny) or rebuilt (recommend company parts to have local shop rebuild) 47RE for my 1998.5.

I've got 110kmi on a 21 year old truck that was never abused, hauled a 1965 Mustang GT Fastback to LA :( and a small open trailer full of furniture for an inter-City move. So, not really happy about that, but whaddya gonna do?

I also need a shop recommendation on the San Francisco Mid-Peninsula.

Keep in mind I'm in California.....it's throwing codes which means I can't get it smogged. Any rebuild/rebuilt replacement needs to not do that!

I don't need crazy. I've got 275 injectors, an AFE intake and a 4inch exhaust.....so essentially very little more than stock horsepower. I don't tow and loads in the bed aren't high at all for the very infrequent dump runs or material haul for small home improvement projects.

Thanks in advance for your help....

americana , Jul 11, 2019
  2. Ball4226

Ball4226 , Jul 16, 2019
  3. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

Firepunk above has had good reviews,

Also:

Suncoast
    http://www.suncoastdiesel.com/dodge-transmissions.html

ATS
    https://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/

There are some things to freshen yours up, some work some don't. Slipping in what gears? There are some known issues and upgrades, maybe yours is in decent shape to have someone go thru it since you know the history.

No help on the shop, you could look at the above for installers from the rebuilders website and check reviews.

Timd32 , Jul 17, 2019