Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abranz

Happy Easter everyone. Hope someone can give me a hand. While driving unloaded on level ground at 60-70mph the TC clutch will disengage raising the rpm 200-300 then will engage for no reason. I understand the PCm gets a temp reading from some sensor but I don't know where. The trans otherwise functions perfect. I changed its filter/fluid and the pan was fine. Any thoughts? Thanks, Anthony

abranz , Apr 8, 2007
  2. Joe G.

If you are talking about the '95, it sounds like a TPS problem.

Joe G. , Apr 8, 2007
  3. abranz

Thanks for the reply, but what is the TPS and how would I go about checking it. I'm sorry, it's the 95 I'm having trouble with.

Thanks, Anthony

abranz , Apr 8, 2007
  4. Joe G.

It's the Throttle Position Sensor. Look on the linkage mess where the cables attach. There is a black object on the outside of that with an electrical connector. You can attempt to clean it with some contact cleaner by soaking the shaft and working the linkage. That works once in a while. Worth a try. Sometimes it's stubborn. In that case you can drill a hole in the shaft side of it about the size of the plastic tube with the contact cleaner spray can. Then you can get the cleaner in it better. Plug up the hole with a dab of silecon. If that does not work then read this lengthy thread about it:

http://www.tdr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156901

Joe G. , Apr 8, 2007