Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMLambert TDR MEMBER

Two weeks ago my transmission started acting up, it would not shift out of low gear 1 in about 10 times unless I let up on the throttle. It progressively got worse until it would not shift out of low gear. There was never any engine or trans light that came on. The transmission shop diagnosed it as a bad speed sensor and replaced it.

The truck drove well with no problems for about 500 miles and then started it again with it not shifting well out of low gear and second gear unless letting up on the throttle. I also noticed that the transmission down shifts when coming to a stop. Could the problem be with the computer or with the BD torq/unlock converter?

Any help would be appreciated.

JMLambert , Aug 23, 2010
  2. DFerverda

Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the speed sensor and the governor regulator and the sensor. I have been driving real careful for the last 5k trying to decide where to get it rebuilt, or how to fix it. It would be nice to figure out what is goin on, as every thing else works ok.

DFerverda , Aug 24, 2010
  3. subodh

i got the same problem with gear 2

a week ago i noticed that my transmission dont shift out of 2 if i dont drive really carefull

or rev it really hard or let go of the throttle

what can it be?

by the way i may have put a little to much horses

and torque true it

subodh , Aug 25, 2010
  4. cerberusiam Staff Member

You might try replacing the gov pressure solenoid with an aftermarket version that will handle the higher pressures better. If you have arounf 40k on the OE solenoid it is probably not working correctly.

Verify you front band adjustment if you have not done so lately.

If its just 2nd gear check the front band adjustment. Quite likely it is out of adjustment and wore from the extra power. You may also benefit from an upgraded gov solenoid.

cerberusiam , Aug 25, 2010
  5. AWeaver

mine is doing the same thing as well. T/C locks and un-locks in third and once it shifts into o/d it downshifts right back to third and sometimes second. Just replaced the tps also, and it didnt help a thing. transmission was rebuilt back in March w/ a precision triple disk t/c and valve body. Starting to think my chip might be the culprit. Gonna go get a few outside opinions and will report back. Wish I had a 6 speed..... :{

AWeaver , Aug 26, 2010
  6. subodh

HOW DO I DO THAT?

please explane

what is a gov? how to change and where to order?

subodh , Aug 30, 2010
  7. JLandry TDR MEMBER

See THIS POST.

John L.

JLandry , Aug 31, 2010