Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnM45

This past weekend, I finally got around to finishing the install of my Armored LED lights that I bought back in January. Total install time was around 5 hours...that includes running the wiring, drilling holes in the bumper and mounting the lights.

The lights seem like good quality. Price-wise, they are less than Ridgid, but more than the cheaper Amazon stuff. I paid $100 bucks for the pair, which included the mounting hardware, wiring harness and the 2 lights.

The paint/finish seems like good quality; nice rubber gaskets for water ingress protection. The wiring itself seemed a bit chincy...plasticky/PVC insulation on 1.5mm wire. The quick-connects are nice quality, automotive-style connectors.

I ran 1/2 inch wire loom with 14 gauge wire from the included harness up to the Aux Switch Fuse block under the hood. The Aux Switch setup is just an awesome way to do things - so incredibly simple and makes for a professional looking install. For the ground wire, I used the stud on the frame rail under the fuel filler...easy to get to and a standard 1/4 inch ring terminal fits perfectly. Seemed like a cleaner option than going to the battery.

Cutting holes in the bumper....wow, was this tough to start....first time I ever did something like that. I think I measured 100 times before punching the first hole through. I was apprehensive, to say the least. I cut holes in the 4 corners, then used a jigsaw with a metal-cutting blade to take out the actual square piece. I followed up with a 60 grit wheel on my Dremel tool for final fitment. I touched up the cuts with some rust-oleum primer to hopefully ward off the rust.

All in all, it was a good install and I'm happy with the results. The lights are bright and look pretty good. It was a fun project once I got over the fact I was cutting holes in my truck's bumper.

Armored Nitpicks: Wiring is chinese-ium; I don't believe the hardware is stainless...it has a bit of magnetism too it, maybe its plated...hard to say. No included template to cut the holes in the bumper. I made one from cardboard.

20200309_191145.jpg #ad

20200309_191210.jpg #ad

20200309_194918.jpg #ad

JohnM45 , Mar 10, 2020
  2. TRAMPLINEMAN TDR MEMBER

Looks good!

TRAMPLINEMAN , Mar 10, 2020
    JohnM45 likes this.
  3. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Looks great!

Can't wait to get some on my truck too.

AH64ID , Mar 10, 2020
    JohnM45 likes this.
  4. dieselshadow

Where did you get them John? I like the clean look. ;)

dieselshadow , Mar 10, 2020
    JohnM45 likes this.
  5. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

AH64ID , Mar 10, 2020
    Wiredawg, JohnM45 and dieselshadow like this.
  6. JohnM45

Yeah, I did sort of snag them at the last minute, apparently. If it makes you feel better, I rarely win at anything! :D

They do have the "Flood" pattern available, but the "Diffused" like I have are out of stock.

They are brilliantly bright to look at, even being diffused.

JohnM45 , Mar 10, 2020
    Wiredawg and AH64ID like this.
  7. Wiredawg

Nice Install!

Wiredawg , Mar 12, 2020
    JohnM45 likes this.