Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brillmtb1

Thinking of trading AF 27-5L for slide in AF 811 on my short bed. Slide in heavy but no one questions quality of this rig. I have researched and keep coming back to this one if I want a slide. So with my 2017 SRW 3500 with air bags and tires that are rated and approx 3700 I think the tire concern is solved perhaps as the slide in is approx 4300lbs with everything full and gear. The rear wheel axle rating may be an issue but it seems this is a common issue and folks not as concerned as they are about tires. I can also get Toyos that have 4000lb rating in 295/60-20 if I need the extra insurance. Given this set up anyone have suggestions, concerns, advice, or experience before I go forward.

I did want a lighter camper but I do like the slide option

brillmtb1 , Nov 9, 2021
  2. lpennock

Your unload rear axle weight is about 3000 add 4300 and you are at 7300 out of 7400 so cutting pretty close. While you could upgrade your tires, your rims are only rated for 3700 but the 4k rating would give a cooler running tire running at 3700.

Before doing anything go to a cat scale and get your current weights. You will be running pretty close so you need real numbers. Don't forget passengers when getting weighted.

lpennock , Nov 9, 2021
    Rob S and Tuesdak like this.
  3. JPM TDR MEMBER