1. CoreyPerez

I have a few questions / problems with my new & newly installed controller. I'm going to call Jordan in the morning, but I'm one of those "can't sleep & wonder all night" types.

First, When I finally got everything set up and installed correctly the controller displayed all 8's. The instructions said this ment it had a short in it. After pondering this for a few minutes, I re-connected the battery lead and was going to work on the problem. Seemed to me that there couldn't be that bad of a situation, it had to be in the truck, because this is the way it acted before I hooked up my trailer. Well when I re-connected the controller the display read all "0's". I tried to adjust the controller and wasn't able to get the brakes to apply on the trailer even when I pushed in the plunger (red button on the front) all the way in. So, I adjusted the gain and was able to get the brakes to apply, but then they would drag. I kept messing with the setup and then re-read the instructions. There was a part that said to push in the button and set the gain to read 3. 5 and when you release the button the display should then clear (blank). Well mine keeps going back to all 0's. The only thing I didn't do as per the instructions is put in a 20 amp relay. I'm going to do this tomorrow when I can get some covered connectors for the relay.

Also, as far as the setting on the brake lever, I read numerous posts and seems everybody has their connector in a different place, mine is near the top, and tomorrow I'll lower it down. Other questions I have is, how tight should the cable be when the peddle is in the neutral position (not being used) Mine isn't taught, but is semi-tight. Should there be tension on it? The little slide thingie on the brake peddle has the ability to move around alittle, and the actual hardware that mounts to the brake peddle, that is loose enough to slide a little (not on the brake arm, but the holder can tilt up and down)

Other notes:

The controller is mounted right below the fog light switch on my truck, to the left of my left knee, right where the knee bolster meets the rest of the dash, and the bottom wires are about level with the bottom. I'm not sure if this would help, but thats the information.

Well thanks folks,

Good night!

Corey

CoreyPerez , Jan 16, 2002
  2. klenger

Can't help you too much, but I think the reason that you are getting 000's with the brake not pressed is because you have too much tension on the cable. With the brake pedel all the way out, the display on the controller should shut off. You may notice that if it reads 0's with the brake all the way out, it will continue to do that with the truck turned off also, which will run the battery down. You may need to talk to Jordan for some of the other problems. Be patient, it will be worth the wait.

klenger , Jan 16, 2002
  3. CoreyPerez

Interesting...

I was thinking the other way, but your suggestion makes more sense. You are right about the 0's being on all the time...

Well, thats a place to start!

Corey

CoreyPerez , Jan 16, 2002