1. DZink24

My radiator in my Neon finally dumped out on me. yesterday the car went into the red, got home checked the coolant, dry. I knew it was on its way out, due to the fins starting to rot and fall out. Anyhoo, I really dont have the $$ to have a mechanic do it, I'd rather put the money towards the truck pymt. , I plan on visiting the boneyard to look for one out of a 95-99 Neon, or last resort, auto parts store- NO DEALER. I have access to tools, work area, and knowledgable fam/friends, and I am pretty good myself at minor things like that. Any tips from you expirienced in gasoline engine repair to make life a bit easier? Thanks a bunch

DZink24 , Oct 8, 2006
  2. MLimpert

Its probably pretty easy if its similar to any of the other front loader mopars I've had. Check out the forums over at www.allpar.com - They are usually pretty helpful.

MLimpert , Oct 8, 2006
  3. rbattelle TDR MEMBER

Don't sweat it, should be a piece of cake. The hardest part is already done for you - drain the radiator!

I'd recommend flushing the block with a hose after the radiator is out. Also, while you're at it, replace the thermostat. Remember to use distilled water and replace any hoses that look nasty.

Ryan

rbattelle , Oct 9, 2006