Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDubien

I picked up my new truck monday and have yet to see the "Wait to start" indicator light up, even after sitting all night. The truck seems to start ok.

Should I be concerned?

My last truck was an 04 Ram 305/555 48re and that little coil light came on everytime I turned the key on.

JDubien , Feb 8, 2006
  2. Spooled-up

I would think there's something wrong with it. As you know, even in the summer the wait to start light comes on for a couple of seconds. There's a way to do a lamp test of the gauge cluster. I think you turn the ignition on while pressing the trip reset. That would at least show you if the lamp works.

Spooled-up , Feb 8, 2006
  3. JDubien

Thank you for that info Spooled-up. I tried that and the indicator light does seem to work during that test.

However, I noticed some codes appeared where the odometer is shown while it went through its sequence. "C 447", "S 113", and ". 264"

Does anyone know what that means? I appreciate your help everyone.

JDubien , Feb 8, 2006
  4. fireman717 TDR MEMBER

JDubien I do not know about your other rig but if the computer on an 06 thinks temp is above 70 it will not activate the heater grid. Just a thought Mine only comes on once a day on the first start if it is cold.

fireman717 , Feb 8, 2006
  5. JDubien

fireman717 I do live in Phoenix, AZ where it hasn't rained for 113 days now and it has been fairly warm lately too. Thank you for your input.

JDubien , Feb 8, 2006
  6. rbattelle TDR MEMBER

The wait-to-start light comes on for 2 seconds when the key is first turned to "RUN" as a bulb test (at least, it did so through 2005). It's possible the programming has changed to eliminate this, but the only way to tell for sure whether it works would be to park the truck overnight in temperatures below about 50 degrees. OR, you could probably trick the system by freezing the IAT sensor. Pull it off and stick it in the freezer for an hour, then reinstall it (quick before it warms up).

-Ryan

rbattelle , Feb 8, 2006
  7. klenger

Mine rarely comes on in the morning with the truck in the garage. Temps usually have to be under 55 for the grid heaters to cycle.

klenger , Feb 8, 2006
  8. wcjp

My 06' only turns on if it's been sitting for a long period of time. Usually it stays off.

wcjp , Feb 8, 2006
  9. DJennings

My 06 has the same exact codes when I hold the trip button and turn the ignition on. I know those codes mean something, and I'd like to know what.

They are different codes than turning the ignition on/off 3 times which I have not yet gotten to work.

DJennings , Feb 9, 2006
  10. CHarris

My 06 truck is having the same problem... . the heat grid light does not come on for every start... it was 25 this am and the grid light did not function and when I started the truck it ran rough and white smoke came out of the tail pipe... . I called the dealer and he says the light should come on for every start... . so something is wrong. I will be taking it back soon. Ram 2500 xlt quad cab automatic

CHarris , Feb 9, 2006
  11. JDubien

rbattelle, I think your right because this morning, my overhead read 48 degrees and sure enough, the indicator worked. Thanks again everyone for your feedback.

JDubien , Feb 10, 2006
  12. D.Inman

My wait to start light comes on prior to every start. I also live in Arizona and it lights up for about 2 seconds and goes out. I believe that is what the owners manual says it is suppose to do. In cold weather it will stay on considerably longer.

D.Inman , Feb 11, 2006