Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingate

In looking at my latest Genos catalog, they offer an exhaust system for the 05-07 5. 9l. Anybody else running this exhaust system?. The only thing I'm looking for is a little deeper sound. I trust Genos and their write up on this system, really the only thing I worry about is in-cab drone. Not interested in obnoxious loud, just a better sound WITHOUT the in-cab drone that is associated with most aftermarket systems.

I've heard that some people just change the factory muffler, but not sure what muffler that is being installed.

It seems that all the Cummins around here have either factory exhaust, or NO EXHAUST, just straight pipe from nose to tail.

THanks!...

Wingate , Mar 17, 2009
  2. llotton

Silverline Exhaust

I went with the Silverline on my 03 and I like it very much. Fit and finish are very good as well as the sound with no drone.

llotton , Mar 17, 2009
  3. KBertetto

I too am interested in this system. I'm tired of hearing my straight pipe duals (V'd off the cat) which sounds like a Cessna taking off unless i'm under heavy load, then they sound good, very deep. Does this system produce a nice deep sound when not under heavy load?

KBertetto , Mar 17, 2009
  4. RWinzen

I've got the Silverline duals. Kind of fell into a good deal. :cool: A guy bought them for his dually and did an adjustable lift before installing the exhaust. Left side wouldn't go on. I helped out another guy for about a year or two doing some farm work; cutting, bailing, etc... until he got back on his feet. He wanted to pay me, but that wasn't why I did it. So he paid for my gooseneck and looked up my other friend and bought the duals. I love them. I would buy them for my next truck. In fact, my daughter bought the single for her '03. They sound great, no drone. Windows up, relatively quiet until 2100rpms on hwy. Windows down, nothing like hearing the exhaust on the left side too. Oo.

RWinzen , Mar 17, 2009
  5. R.Taylor

I have the 4" T304 Silverline turbo-back single on my 06, Quiet with no drone until your foot gets heavy or your pushing 75+ on the highway. Easy to install with only a creeper board. My only objection is the crappy china made steel crush type pipe clamps, I ditched them and got the TorqTite stainless band clamps, Perfect seal all the way around plus you can easily remove or loosen the system / downpipe up if your doing turbo work etc.

R.Taylor , Mar 17, 2009
  6. Wingate

Who all deleted the resonator/cat and whose still running it?... I saw the little* by the 05-07 system that says off road use only. The ad also shows an adapter part to reinstall the res/cat... . Just curoius who put theres back in and who threw it in the scrap pile... .

Thanks... .

Wingate , Mar 18, 2009
  7. KBertetto

R. Taylor, thanks for the great pics and advice on the clamps, I'll be getting some of those before my kit shows up.

KBertetto , Mar 18, 2009
  8. macdaddy

I installed the T-409 system along with a gutted Cat to pass visual inspection, (Cali Democrats#@$%!) at the same time I installed mt Ex Brake.

Nice sound no drone at all.

Mac:D

macdaddy , Mar 25, 2009
  9. scootergmc

What visual inspection?

scootergmc , Mar 25, 2009
  10. Wingate

Thanks for all the responses... . I will probably leave my resonator in... Guess i'm gonna order it. . Will probably order the aluminized version since I live in East Texas.

Wingate , Mar 25, 2009
  11. macdaddy

Visual Inspection... ...

Occasionaly here in Calif you run across a vech inspection road block. The newer Diesels are usually checked by looking under the truck. Since the after market 4" is the same looking they usually just check to see if the cat is there and your waived on.

Mac:cool:

macdaddy , Mar 27, 2009
  12. scootergmc

I'm in Northern CA and I drive all over the Bay and Sac areas, and lived here most of my life. I've never seen a road block inspection for anything... They have commercial scales and inspection stations, but nothing for PUs. There is nothing on DMV or CHP websites either.

scootergmc , Mar 28, 2009
  13. macdaddy

Thats the whole idea i guess. They are sure are down here in so cal, long Beach area. Ive been caught in only one the second time I saw it in advance.

Mac

macdaddy , Mar 29, 2009
  14. scootergmc

That's interesting. Was it near the port? I found an article where CARB and CHP did surprise inspections on big rigs up here at the port of Oakland, but nothing else.

scootergmc , Mar 29, 2009
  15. macdaddy

Scooter... ...

The check points are to try and weed out the older cars on the road with polution problems expired tags ETC, not so much to see if youve tampered with any polution control device. They are sponsered by LA county vech inspection and if pulled into one they will look under your hood and at you exhaust.

I had my Silverline on for about 6 mo when I first caught a glympse of one. I went down to my friend muff shop and welded it (the cat) in, empty of course.

Mac

macdaddy , Mar 29, 2009
  16. scootergmc

There you go. I won't worry about it at all.

scootergmc , Mar 29, 2009
  17. macdaddy

LOL, I felt the tension... .....

Mac:cool:

macdaddy , Mar 30, 2009
  18. Wingate

Just installed the Silverline T-304 stainless system yesterday. WOW!. This system was exactly what I wanted my truck to sound like. Excellent fit and finish. I ended up leaving the Cat on the shop floor. Wasn't going to spend the $$$$ on the T-304 system, but Geno's and Hal at Silverline made me a deal that was just impossible to pass on. I'm really glad that I was able to speak with him before ordering...

Wingate , Apr 12, 2009
  19. scootergmc

What kind of deal did you get? Is it on the down low? If not, PM me with the details...

scootergmc , Apr 13, 2009
  20. Wingate

Well, they didn't tell me not to tell anybody... ..... I think mainly due to the slumping economy and they were out of stock on the aluminized (sp?) and the 409 system, he let me have the 304 system for the 409 price.

The guy at Silverline was really informative and never tried to "car salesman" me. He even mentioned one other competitor that uses the same muffler design and said that they have an excellent product also.

Anyway, I bought it, and love it!!!. .

Wingate , Apr 14, 2009