Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoreyPerez

TDR,

I've searched (specifically for the 3rd generation version - "Tow Mirror") and came up with 2 forum posts (one for sale, one wanted). I'm looking for information, reviews, feedback (and options) for tow mirrors on my newly acquired 2006 Mega.

I've used the CIPA mirrors in the past (02 Extended Cab) and thought they were "ok", but the looks were significantly lacking. I like the looks of the factory versions, but my research has resulted in lots of China knock-off garbage. I had recently purchased a "OEM replacement from A1 auto parts (I think it was) and when I received it, the thing was complete junk. I'm leery of spending 3-400$ on something that "looks good" on-line.

http://www.1aauto.com/dodge-mirror-pair-black/i/1amrp01347?f=838255&y=2006

In the past I had trusted Genos with my purchases, but I've been out of the Dodge arena since 2009. I don't know what happened to Genos, but they only seem to sell parts for kid-cars these days. Who can we trust for online purchases of the real Dodge Trucks these days?

If anybody has any information on what they have found/discovered with aftermarket tow mirrors that will work with the 2006, including the factory provisions for Heated mirror and power adjust ability, please, PLEASE let me know.

As stated, I did research our applicable (3rd generation) forum and found only 2, yes, TWO search results.

Thanks for your assistance!

Corey

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    CoreyPerez , Aug 21, 2015
  2. petersonj TDR MEMBER

CoreyPerez, this may be helpful (or not), but I have a 2002 Dodge 2500 and I replaced my factory mirrors (power and heated, but not towing) with after market towing mirrors (power and heated) from Kool Vue. The electrical part just plugged into the factory harness connector. I am pretty sure that these mirrors are made in China, but they fit well, look good, are very functional and are built solid. They are reasonably priced and I think that they are available for your truck. I wish I would have put these mirrors on my truck when it was new. I have had these mirrors now for just over a year and 24,000 miles of driving.

John

petersonj , Aug 22, 2015
  3. TRAMPLINEMAN TDR MEMBER

My wife cracked the driver mirror on our '06. I bought a replacement from Kool Vue and it was identical to the factory mirror.

TRAMPLINEMAN , Aug 22, 2015
  4. CoreyPerez

This sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

Corey

CoreyPerez , Aug 22, 2015