Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephKing

I’m sure this isn’t the first time this topic has been discussed. I did some searching before posting here. I’m at the point again where I need to replace Tie rods and would like to find some that would hold up to the beating these trucks put them through.

After searching around the web I came across these synergy Dodge Heavy Duty Metal-on-Metal Tie rods.https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collecti...-on-metal-tie-rod-ends?variant=39763411468386

I have also been kicking around the Luke links rebuild kits. I did some reading on that and it looks like Moog is the option for making all that come together. I can’t say I’m a Moog fan when it comes to my truck and the part holding up. I found that out when I did moog ball jounts. I would like to find Tie rods that are built like the Dynatrac ball joints I put in. Dynatrac ball joints were a game-changer for me, And completely stopped my death wobble.

Feedback is appreciated.

JosephKing , May 12, 2023
  2. AEdelheit TDR MEMBER

Do you already have Synergy steering? Pretty sure the ones in the CJC link are only for Synergy steering kits.

APEX is supposed to be the latest and greatest for Dodge steering kits, no personal experience but know about 10 people running them hard with great success.

AEdelheit , May 12, 2023
  3. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

I've not heard of an issue with Moog or any other brand tie-rods and ends wearing out prematurely. Ball joints, yes.

BigPapa , May 12, 2023
    Ozymandias likes this.
  4. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

I went with Autozone Duralast Gold a couple years ago and they are still tight.
    And come with a Lifetime warranty, if they fail I get free replacement, that sold me.

No idea who is the actual manufacturer- does someone know?

Ozymandias , May 12, 2023
  5. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

Somewhere far East.... a place called China. It's an Autozone Duralast part the mass majority of their components, parts and sensors are MIC.

Darkbloodmon , May 13, 2023
    06 Dodge likes this.
  6. GSP7

Moogs are junk . Ive used them on a chevy k-20 and they were complete trash in 2 years. Ill never buy anything moog again

GSP7 , May 13, 2023
  7. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I believe they have two different grades.

Cummins12V98 , May 13, 2023
  8. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

At the recommendation of our local shop I used Mevotech on my 05. I was quite happy with the quality and feel.

I only had 2 years and 15K miles on them when I sold the truck, but they were still solid.

AH64ID , May 13, 2023
    BigPapa likes this.
  9. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

We use a lot of Mevotech on our White Fleet vehicles. I don’t think we’ve ever had to warranty a single part.

BigPapa , May 13, 2023
    AH64ID likes this.
  10. GSP7

Yes , I bought their super top self grade

GSP7 , May 13, 2023
  11. Regcabguy

President Xi perhaps?

Regcabguy , May 14, 2023
    Darkbloodmon likes this.
  12. JosephKing

I looked at the Apex and reading the specs on it, it looks to be a decent grade of mineral, and what concerns me is the cost being much cheaper that other brands.

JosephKing , May 14, 2023
  13. JosephKing

I looked at the Mevotech, that looks like a decent setup, I’ll reach out to them and get more information. Has anyone modified the tie rods with the Luke link setup? Not finding much on feedback on the performance side. I did reach out to them and asked if the can make the modification and send that as a kits and they’d said they do not do that.

JosephKing , May 14, 2023
  14. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Topzide , May 14, 2023
    Darkbloodmon likes this.
  15. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

When I sold my 98 12V to my son at 350k the tie rods were still OE along with many other parts.

Cummins12V98 , May 14, 2023
    BigPapa and Ozymandias like this.
  16. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Ain’t nobody going to say that about a Chevy K-20…..;)

BigPapa , May 14, 2023
    Darkbloodmon likes this.
  17. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

My 86 C20 had all original from end parts to at least 300k and u joints also.

Cummins12V98 , May 14, 2023
  18. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Of course it did.

I’ve not seen a GM idler arm last more than 75K.

BigPapa , May 14, 2023
  19. Regcabguy

My '89 3500 needed all tie rods replaced after a Baja run of 120 miles of crosswash. It was darn near new. In fairness Hurrican Daisy had come through and wreaked havoc on the road up to El Observatorio down there.

Regcabguy , May 15, 2023
  20. Regcabguy

Some people wear their tires down to the air too.

Regcabguy , May 15, 2023
    Darkbloodmon and Topzide like this.