Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveHess TDR MEMBER

Over the course of the last two years I have been replacing my factory sound system with an aftermarket system. I went with a Sony deck (cd player/usb/aux port on the front panel), Eclipse 6x9 4 way speakers in the door, and JL Audio 6-1/2" two ways in the rear doors. It was missing bass and just was a "lazy" system. Then I added a sub and amp. OMG. I went with a 250 watt Power Bass one channel amp mounted under the passenger seat and a 10" subwoofer mounted in a box under the passenger rear seat. The name of that speaker escapes me at the moment. Adding the sub and amp fills all the voids I had in the cab for sound. It is awesome. I have been told it is a tad uncomfortable to sit on the seat above the sub. Apparently it pounds a little on the backside when the volume is turned up.

As for the jack. I modified the bracket that hold the jack and handles and mounted it on the rear passenger end of the bed. It looks like it belongs there. If I could figure out how to upload pictures, I do it... .

DaveHess , Apr 25, 2012