Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisStevens

After not having a lot of luck finding much info on aftermarket radios for our trucks I decided to just go for it.
    My radio had been swapped for a later model unit with CarPlay but suffered from the delamination on the screen that others have had.
    Replacement factory $1200, Replacement screen to repair it $600. Aftermarket Kenwood radio with parts needed to fully integrate into the Ram, $800.

Can't find just the screens for repair right now, and wasn't keen on spending $1200 on another factory unit (If one could be found)

Maestro RR2 by Idatalink will allow integration of our HVAC, Seat heaters, Steering wheel heater, etc along with engine data and Tire Pressure.

Several radios have Carplay but I went with a Kenwood unit. I drive way to much to not have carplay.
    I'd suggest getting the Harness adapter as well, RCH3.

So, for anyone that has a messed up factory radio or just wants to go aftermarket, It works, Works well, and its cheaper than the original. Also, I had the factory Alpine system and it fully integrated with the factory amp.

Be prepared to spend about 3-4 hours on the install as it takes a bit to wire it up and get the RR2 programmed for your vehicle but its worth it and no more crappy screen. And if the kenwood ever messes up I can replace it for a whole lot less ($500ish).

ChrisStevens , Sep 24, 2021
    NonFord and Ozymandias like this.
  2. gsbrockman

[​IMG]#ad

gsbrockman , Sep 24, 2021
    Wiredawg, sarj, AH64ID and 3 others like this.
  3. p-Bar

yeah throw us a bone

p-Bar , Sep 26, 2021