1. TankerIP

My 2009 was deleted several years ago. This past week I started getting the DPF Full notification on the odoometer and See the dealer on the overhead. Thing is my DPF is deleted and sitting on garage floor.

So what to do now. The person who deleted for me is long gone. I have no idea what brand/type of tuner he used.

Everything still runs good. Just the notifications every few minutes/miles.

Any ideas?

TankerIP , Jul 6, 2023
  2. Mikey-KE7LBB

If you don't have access to the tuner, you're SOL. The only way to get rid of the message is to re-flash the ECM.

Mikey-KE7LBB , Jul 7, 2023
  3. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Well it's a good thing you still have the DPF,..or it'd be a costly endeavor to put it back.. This IMHO is going to be a more frequent issue for some in this situation as ECMs need to be re-flashed or become corrupted due to many issues and no body to take care of them other than putting back the OEM tune.

bcbender , Jul 7, 2023
  4. Signal73

I’d start by checking the plugs for corrosion that are left behind under the truck. If one shorted open/closed it could trigger something that had previously been fooled.

Signal73 , Jul 7, 2023
  5. TankerIP

Wow. So the answer's you guys gave me is just what I was afraid of. Not knowing what kind of tuner was used has always bothered me. (why didn't I think to ask?) Is it possible for me to just buy a tuner now and start playing with this? What brand? I know nothing about tuners, so I would like to read about them somewhere.

Also, Do you think a dirty EGR would cause this same thing to happen? Maybe a new CCV filter and EGR clean would fix it? I like the suggestion to inspect the wires hanging down. How about disconnect batteries?

TankerIP , Jul 7, 2023
  6. Jim W TDR MEMBER

There is a differential pressure sensor that is (was in your case) connected to the DPF under the truck. This is located on top of the transmission passenger side. Make sure this is still plugged into the wiring harness and still there. This may have been inadvertently removed or lost recently as this may be your issues. Just a guess on my part?

No, the EGR nor the CCV filter will not provide a DPF full message.

I do not know if any tuner is for sale that will allow you to run a deleted truck in the US any more.

Jim W , Jul 8, 2023
  7. DJTC572

That's why I did the deletes myself when I bought the SMARTY JR. w/ME Tune. That way I have the Tuner with my stock settings saved on it.

DJTC572 , Aug 23, 2023