Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReelDuel

Where can I get the best deal on a complete kit to install the 3 gauge set Pyro, Boost and transmission temp. I have an 04 2500 QC LWB. I like the white faced gauges. I like the Isspro gauges in white. Thanks for the help

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
    ReelDuel , Dec 8, 2003
  2. barbwire

gauges

Ditto for me!!!!:)

Except I want pyro, boost, and Fuel pressure.

barbwire , Dec 8, 2003
  3. JWillms

Got my piller from Genos for a pretty good price, and while your there you might want to try out some of the autometer gauges that they have. I got the phantoms from a friend of mine for a pretty good price and I like them. The white face matches up well. Not sure if they have a Fuel pressure guage but there good guages IMO.

Justin<><

JWillms , Dec 8, 2003
  4. ReelDuel

Why a fuel pressure gauge

why a fuel p gauge and not a transmission temp??

ReelDuel , Dec 8, 2003
  5. nickleinonen

Re: Why a fuel pressure gauge

if you have a manual transmission, the temp sensor on it is not so necessary. on the vp44 equipped trucks [98. 5-2002:confused:] they can burn up the injection pump if the lift pump feeding fuel to it starts to weaken or dies. monitering fuel pressure tells you how the lift pump is doing. more throttle, the lower the FP will be. someone with a 2nd gen 24v engine can explain better [i don't know that much about them, i mostly keep to the 3rd gen forums... ]

nickleinonen , Dec 8, 2003
  6. barbwire

Thanks Nick good answer:)

barbwire , Dec 8, 2003
  7. barbwire

Second thoughts

BTW, I assume that we have the same lift pump design on the 3rd gen trucks as well, right?

Also I had asked on a diff. thread earlier today as to whether there is a 3 pod that is less intrusive to area visibility than others. I was reading on another post about having to look around them to see things. apparently the pillar pods obstruct outside view somewhat. Just looking at the pictures, you would'nt think it would be so. But I would like to know if different brands obstruct view any different than others.

barbwire , Dec 8, 2003
  8. 2broke2smoke

no, the third gens use a hpcr system with a different pump ... newest tdr mag has a good article on pg 26 about it

2broke2smoke , Dec 8, 2003
  9. barbwire

lift pump

2boke2smoke, I read the article that you referred me to. Thank You. However, it did say something about a lift pump in the article. Page 27, bottom paragraph,left side. What am I missing?

It aint none of my business but, is there supposed to be an (r) in your user-name,behind the first b?:confused: Like maybe 2b"r"oke2smoke:)

barbwire , Dec 9, 2003
  10. catoiler

Anybody want a A-Pillar for an 03 w/molded in color brand new in box?PM me for price. I did not like the way they stick out.

Mike

catoiler , Dec 10, 2003
  11. RankRam

catoiler have you looked into the X-monitor? I'm in the process of installing mine and so far I'm happy with it.

RankRam , Dec 10, 2003
  12. catoiler

RankRam,That is what is going to go in as soon as I figure witch one!Put the A-Pillar up and it was to close to my big head.

catoiler , Dec 10, 2003
  13. barbwire

cab design

Are the 03s and 04s the same as far as cab design, in repct to A pillar????

barbwire , Dec 11, 2003
  14. 2broke2smoke

barbwire, my apology ... i thought you were referring to the vp44 ... and yes there should be a "r" in there somewhere, if someone would exlplain how i would correct my mistake ... if not then i'll just have to live the teasing:D

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
    2broke2smoke , Dec 11, 2003
  15. barbwire

2broke2smoke

I looked in the edit profile, and I could'nt see how to change username either. Guess you are stuck until you pay $35. 00 for a new name!!:D :D :D

barbwire , Dec 11, 2003
  16. ReelDuel

Once again are 03 and 04 A-Pillars the same??

ReelDuel , Dec 15, 2003