Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHorne

i have a 2005 and every now and then the passenger side blows out cool or sometimes even hot. It has been to the dealer like 5 times now for a/c work. I don't know why its not fixed yet but hell, i live in az and the summer is about to hit and an a/c problem is the last thing i want. Anyway i don't have dual climate control if that helps any of you experts or any one else who might be having the same problem. It will still blow out ice cold but then all of a sudden it blows out cool/warm for like 7-8 seconds then goes back to ice cold. I had bought one of those condensor protectors from genos garage so i don't bend the little fins when i'm working on the inside of the compartment. The dealership is blaming that thing for the problem and won't further investigate the issue until i remove it. Well i removed it today and we will see what happens. I still think there will be a problem and i'm here asking any of you if you have any ideas on what the real issue is.

MHorne , May 9, 2006
  2. DPKetchum

a KNOWN ISSUE!!!!!! Many posts and threads about this on this site and Diesel Truck Resource. Mine has done the SAME thing from the FIRST summer. Dealer needs to call STAR(tech assistance) WHOM ought to be VERY aware of this issue. Nothing to do with a guard etc. Call D. C. 18009921997 and get them to open a file on it. Mine does it when coming to a stop only pass side. My wife will give them a earful about the blast of ambient air that comes out of pass vents.

DPKetchum , May 9, 2006
  3. MHorne

cool thanks man i will call them in the morning and have them start up a file on this. i knew there have been many threads about the a/c on these third gen's but i was hoping the dealership would have been more familiar with the problem but i guess i just expected too much from them. but thank you again for the help.

MHorne , May 11, 2006
  4. DPKetchum

I'd print this thread and take it to the service manager at the dealership. I've done that on several items in the past. When their not familier they do have a HELP line(STAR). They need to use it. I pushed my techs to use it and if one(tech)sulled up on me I called and inguired. Sometimes several times a day sometimes once or twice a week. Be surprized what the engineers have in their data bank or in their heads.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
    DPKetchum , May 11, 2006