Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monroefiredog1

I just noticed yesterday that when I turn on my turn signal it wasn't working. So I checked it and when I turn it on, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't and sometimes the opposite side works. Does this sound like the switch is going bad, or something else? I would guess that its the switch. Anyone have any experiences with this issue. I just purchased this truck in February of this year. I noticed when I purchased it that the wipers (on the same turn signal arm) were not working as they should. Maybe it a connecting issue? If anyone has had any issues such as these, please chime in. Thank you all in advance.

Monroefiredog1 , Sep 6, 2022
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Must be the switch as the rest is done by the TIPM.
    And the switches are known to fail, let's hope for the best and let it be the switch.

Ozymandias , Sep 6, 2022
    BigPapa likes this.
  3. seafish

What he said ^^^^

More info for you--

SOMETIMES the MFS can be removed and cleaned instead of replaced.

That said, the replacement part is relatively affordable, so IMO it is better to simply replace the malfunctioning switch wioth a new one, and THEN perhaps R&R the old switch so it is ready to use again if the replacement ever fails.

The replacement MFS switch, due to the OEM recall, is part# CNH3X200AA and retails for only $34.95, NOT the $100 or so that dealers want for the oem part#56049823AB. They are the EXACT same part, just different part#'s due to the recall/warranty.

NOTE: Prices quoted above are OLD but part #s remain the same.

More importantly, here is an excellent write up on how to remove and clean or replace the MFS--

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ifunction-switch-remove-clean-install-306312/

seafish , Sep 6, 2022
    CVR222NV and Yo Hoot like this.
  4. sag2 TDR MEMBER

They have changed many of the recall parts to require a VIN for order. Not sure on this one, but if it is you will have to buy the original PN.

sag2 , Sep 6, 2022
  5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

I got mine aftermarket, works fine for the last couple years.
    Seems an MFS isn't rocket science and the copy cats can do okay.

Ozymandias , Sep 6, 2022
  6. Monroefiredog1

Hi Seafish, I tried looking that new part number up, but I could not locate it. Is the old OEM number still used? Is that new number a Mopar number?

Monroefiredog1 , Sep 7, 2022
  7. seafish

Sorry those are the ONLY numbers that I have.

And I trust Sag2 to know what he is talking about in terms of recall part numbers now needing a VIN #

That said, the second OEM number should at least lead you to an upgraded part #

seafish , Sep 8, 2022
  8. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Unfortunately there are no more recall parts available. Only six dealers in the country have one on the shelf. The new PN listed is good and is now $127. There are only about 120 left in the country.

sag2 , Sep 12, 2022
  9. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

A friend just had a similar problem on an '07.5. I don't know if they're the same, but he got down to the TIPM. He ordered a new Dorman unit and when he went to swap it out, found the connector on the bottom of the TIPM melted.

BigPapa , Sep 12, 2022
  10. bighammer

I have a switch from my 03... Not sure if it fits in the newer models, but it's yours for the shipping if it does.

bighammer , Sep 25, 2022
  11. nibroc

that's a decent offer

nibroc , Nov 15, 2022