Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfitzgarrald TDR MEMBER

Recently I've been getting 2 warning chimes after I start the truck. 2007.5 mega-cab srw. It only does it when I first start it up in the morning. I drive it maybe every other day and my dashcam is always on. I have no message in the overhead display, nor an engine diagnostic code.
    Anyone have any ideas what it means? Low batteries maybe?

Thanks in advance.

rfitzgarrald , Nov 5, 2022
  2. jgillott TDR MEMBER

Did you happen to notice if the gauge cluster wakes up immediately when you start the truck as normal or is there a slight delay in the gauges? I had the same thing happen a few years ago and the chime was associated with the gauge cluster not responding immediately when the truck was started.

It ended up being a corroded ground wire of all things but it took me forever to track it down.

jgillott , Nov 5, 2022
  3. rfitzgarrald TDR MEMBER

I'll have to pay attention to that the next time I start the truck either later today or tomorrow morning. Thanks.

rfitzgarrald , Nov 5, 2022
    jgillott likes this.
  4. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Can also be an intermittent bulb out warning, I had this ongoing for a month or so till the bulb really failed. The warning was to short to set the dash light off.

Ozymandias , Nov 5, 2022
    BGlidewell, Mhennessy and Tuesdak like this.
  5. CJ8Rockcrawler TDR MEMBER

It might also be low voltage, especially after starting. How old are your batteries?

CJ8Rockcrawler , Nov 5, 2022
  6. rfitzgarrald TDR MEMBER

I installed the batteries in March of 2017. Maybe ?

rfitzgarrald , Nov 6, 2022
  7. CJ8Rockcrawler TDR MEMBER

Mine did it on occasion with old batteries and now if I let it sit for too long between driving. I suspect it coincides with the grid heater cycling.

CJ8Rockcrawler , Nov 6, 2022
  8. Topzide TDR MEMBER

I'd have to agree that it might be time for batteries. Get them load tested and maybe a good trickle charger for those in between driving times. Funny how these trucks give you subtle hints that it's about to leave you stranded! Was just checking my maintenance log book on if anything else needs to be done before it gets cold! o_O

Topzide , Nov 6, 2022
    Darkbloodmon and endoscott like this.
  9. Mhennessy

I had the same issue as Ozy. I bulb was on its way out and took a month to finally fail. It would chime a few times every time I operated it.
    I have heard a bad twilight circuit board will also cause this issue.
    Good luck.

Mhennessy , Nov 10, 2022
    Ozymandias likes this.