1. BIGNASTY

Do you think that tire size has ANYTHING to do with tires picking up nails EXCESSIVELY!!! :mad:

On the Cadillac Escalade the tire size is P285/45R22. I know that the chances increase exponentially with the width of the tire, More rubber on the ground more chance of picking up nails, I think that it has more to do with tread design.

These are Goodyear tires the ONLY!! thing that I didn't care for when we bought the car but it is what it is and to change the brand of tire was astronomical.

We have owned the car for like 5 months and I have had to repair the tires from some kind of puncture 9 times within the 5 months. It seems like the back tires get more than the front.

One has had so many of the punctures that its getting to the point that im kind of worried about using it. I haven't found if Michelin even makes the size (at least I cant find it on the internet) and that is what I would like to replace the tires with.

Other brands are Bridgstone, Continental, Pirelli, Yokohama, Toyo, Nitto, Falken, Firestone

If Michelin doesn't make that size (I cant believe that they wouldn't) which tire magnet have you used and had a Good Experience with?

BIG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    BIGNASTY , Apr 15, 2015
  2. NIsaacs

Isn't that rig a large SUV more so than a car? If so, what about going to LT tires? Yes, as a rule, especially off road the rear gets the flats. I guess the front's kick up the trash and the rear punctures.

Nick

NIsaacs , Apr 15, 2015
  3. BIGNASTY

Nick I have heard it worded two different ways, Cadillac Escalade ESV (Escalade Extended Version) or Escalade ESV (Extended Stretched Vehicle) Ours is the Platinum Package.

http://www.cadillac.com/escalade-suv.html

It comes with the 22" wheels that have the low profile tires they are something like 11.5" wide.

I don't think that the tire your talking about would fit on the rim for one, and I REALLY like the way it looks and it " RIDES LIKE A CADILLAC " To be quite honest with you I was told by a TDR Member when we were looking for a car that Penny & I really didn't need, that I would love a Cadillac. He was 100% Right, not a time I drive it does he go Un-Thanked for steering me in the direction of Cadillac. I just hope that this flat tire crap could be remedied some way, without changing anything other than a brand of tire. We are heading to Billings MT for a few days went to check the tire pressure, (even thou it has a tire monitor system, call me old school :eek:) and found yet another punctured tire.

BIG

BIGNASTY , Apr 15, 2015
  4. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Big, is it always nails?

Or rock punctures?

Is someone hauling old shingles or other debris from a large demolition job in the area?

As Nick says the rears usually suffer. My father always told me that front tires stand the stuff up and then the rear tire gets it. Hold true on tandem and tridem set ups as well.

mwilson , Apr 16, 2015
  5. JR

I'm not sure which GY you have BIG but the GY Assurance on our SUV have been phenominal. The previous set made it 70k miles and handled so well on the wet roads and winter weather even towards the end we bought another set.
    Of course, were not rollin big on 22's either, just lil ol 18's :-laf

Not the right size but the same tire (Assurance Tripletred)

http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDet...e=yes&tireMake=Goodyear&GCID=C13674x012-tire&

One bad thing about vehicles with big wheels/tires, they seem to be more prone to damage, particularly on the sidewalls.

6. BIGNASTY

Mike it seems to be NON-SLECTIVE as to what goes thru it. I had thought the same thing about building & construction jobs. Its still colder than a well diggers XXX here so there are a few jobs going on but no more than what ANY of the OTHER cars and trucks the family are rolling over also. Nails, Screws a couple of cotter keys. I know that I don't throw things on the ground in the area its parked, and it most of the time is at the other end of a 65' shop covered so nobody has reason to go back there in the family.

Ya JR but them BIG WHEELS look so righteous on this BIG Boat :D

I agree that the bigger the tire the bigger the chance of flats & I keep Penny on the Passenger side. ;) to keep the sidewalls and rims off any curbs no pinch flats for curbs and or rocks.

Actually she's a little gal and it scares her to drive it in town even thou the seat and foot controls have so many adjustments to them. Its just BIG she does drive when we get out of town on a major hwy she loves this thing. We were going to Las Vegas and she wanted to drive after we got thru Salt Lick UT. I turned her loose made sure she had everything under control and took a nap in the passenger side LOUNGER :-laf the seats in this are better than what we have in the house & heated OR cooled. I woke up when somebody asked Penny to PLEASE SLOW DOWN a little, She had no idea that 110 felt so smooth :eek: I asked her if passing 65' trucks like they were backing up gave her an idea that she was going that fast? she said that they are only going 55 Gail.#@$%! Had to remind her we aint in Calif any more they are doing 80 at least. :-laf

I have never cared for Goodyear tires, I had them on a couple of cars long ago and again on my commercial truck with less than stellar results. I asked when we bought the car if we could make a change? they gave me a price that was so far out of line that I had to wonder if they just didn't want to make the change.

BIG

BIGNASTY , Apr 16, 2015
  7. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

Well that rules out a Boy Friend that is in construction.! SNOKING

SnoKing , Apr 16, 2015
  8. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Big,

Is that a 2014 or a 2015??? Going to ask the question over on the Cadillac forum for you.

mwilson , Apr 16, 2015
  9. RustyJC

Gail,

HERE is what Tire Rack has available in a P285/45R22.

Rusty

RustyJC , Apr 16, 2015
  10. BIGNASTY

Gentlemen Gail went to Billings Mt for a 2 night singing engagement, he left this morning and will be back sometime Sunday

Mike, our Car is a 2015

Rusty, Gail im sure will want to take a look at this information he's pretty upset about the tire problems that we've had Thank You.

Mr. SNOKING, As hard as it may be to understand, I DON'T SLEEP AROUND!!

Penny

BIGNASTY , Apr 16, 2015
  11. mwilson TDR MEMBER

So Penny, did he take the Caddy??? Or does it only go when you go with it????:D

I'll post the tire question on the Caddy site to see if others are having the same issue.

Mike.

mwilson , Apr 16, 2015
  12. JR

I bet he took the Taco as he calls it :cool:

13. BIGNASTY

No Mike :-laf He took the Caddy, he really does Thank You every time he drives the car. ;)

You have to understand BIG he comes from a family that really didn't have a lot of money. So His upbringing makes him very conservative about spending money. When we got the extra from the cell tower on the property, he was wondering about what we could do with that much? My Father had our retirement taken care of so this is what we called " Mad Money" Father told him to buy something that he didn't need, it always made him feel better.

Gail started thinking, RV BUS, RV mini bus, on and on and on until he wasn't sleeping and made himself sick. A Friend that was Gail's Boss at work lives here near us, told him to get a Corvette. I was all for that :D and I almost had him doing it. Then I think that he was talking to you and owning a Cadillac that he could haul the family came into his head. He loves the Family and has them around him all the time, so what better than a Escalade that seats 8 people in comfort.

He babies that car to no end, its washed every time it goes out of the shop, its waxed monthly. His favorite saying is that the car cost, more than my first house. So when we had this problem with tires it's just tearing him up, an $80,000 Dollar Car isn't supposed to have these cheap xxx tires on it.

I for one would REALLY appreciate ANYTHING you can do to help him. He's a cantankerous, stubborn, moody (sometimes) belligerent getting Old Fart, But we love him to Death. :)

Penny

BIGNASTY , Apr 16, 2015
  14. BIGNASTY

He had My Sister go with him She has a Girlfriend that she wanted to see in Billings so they took the Caddy. First thing he did was look at the projected weather forecast!!

BIGNASTY , Apr 16, 2015
  15. crispyboy

There probably isn't enough "bling, bling" in Montana for those tires and they just want to go back to the inner city where they are more comfortable.....:D:D

crispyboy , Apr 17, 2015
  16. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Porcupine terrorism....???:D

mwilson , Apr 17, 2015
  17. BIGNASTY

I have never been to Alexandria KY, but if you cant find "Bling Bling" in Montana you must be looking in the WRONG PLACE!! :-laf

Gail said that he Thanks all for the information, NO FLATS on this trip so far. Having a Great time Howling in Billings MT :)

Penny

Spires-%20Mount%20Rainier,%20Washington-XL.jpg #ad

BIGNASTY , Apr 17, 2015
  18. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

You Nailed it! SNOKING

SnoKing , Apr 17, 2015
  19. Bill Lins

Great picture, Penny- definitely "Big Sky" country!

Bill Lins , Apr 18, 2015
  20. BIGNASTY

Mr. Lins

Sorry to say Gail didn't take that picture, he has quit posting up pictures on advice of several Art Dealers that show his photographs in their Galleries. He's gone from what he calls a " Snap shot artist " to a Photographer that has sold pictures, some are in Magazines.

It feels funny to see a picture in a publication and know that we have the original on his computer and the original first print hanging on a wall in our home with a framed print of the magazine picture.

Gail does take some Beautiful pictures though. ;)

Penny

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    BIGNASTY , Apr 18, 2015