1. mfurrh55

Sorry to say the 65 chevy half ton i sold recently is no longer, Here's what happened, the fellow that bought it contacted me said he had it all fixed up and looking sharp, was running great, took it out for a cruise and WHAM, girl ran a stop sign, t-boned it on passenger side and stopped in his lap, She didn't have a drivers license or insurance, He had neck surgery and is ok, was trying to get pics of it, but it's gone to the crusher now, Too bad, was a good ol truck, Monte

mfurrh55 , May 2, 2015
  2. BIGNASTY

mfurrh

I can relate with you on the 65 Chevy 1/2 ton. I had an almost new Chevy half ton, big window I loved that truck. It was kind of rare its motor was a 283 cid Truck Engine instead of the normal Chevy Orange paint on the motor this was Gray. The 3 on the tree 3 speed transmission was the unique part that I liked. Like I said it was a 3 speed trans but it had an overdrive in between each gear. Start out in 1st run the RPM up to where you would normally shift into 2ond but instead of shifting just let off the throttle and it had an overdrive it would slip into another gear, run that one up and then shift into the actual 2ond gear run that up and again let off the throttle and it would slip into the overdrive of that gear and the same with 3rd gear. What a Great Trans that was. For a half ton with a 283 2bbl carb I pulled some weight that I really didn't think Chevy had an idea of it pulling when they made it. And like you I was hammered in the passenger side and it bent the frame and that was the end of that.

BIGNASTY , May 3, 2015
  3. mfurrh55

Hey Big, A lot of people from my church will be up in your neck of the woods come June, They're church builders group going to Missoula to help build a church there, wish i was going but can't get out of previous commitment , sure would be nice, been there before but it's been quite a while, Monte

mfurrh55 , May 3, 2015
  4. BIGNASTY

Good to hear mfurrh55 parts of Missoula can use some help, We go there for the Major things needed because its the nearest BIG CITY to us by 30 miles and that one has more money and they are more uppity about who comes into their stores with Cow Crap on their boots, not that I would do that ( Driving the Caddy anyway)

This Spring thru Fall I will be mostly in the hills of Polebridge MT. FIL & BIL bought some property there to run cattle on something like 10,000 acres they are backed up to the BLM land and have rights to run cattle during the Spring/Fall. So with that idea in mind they are going to take our Sons cattle in St Ignatius MT and ours from Seeley combine the 3 herds and make sure the Bulls are earning their keep Or at least as much as they can. Really its all about feed Feeding the cattle is an enormous expense especially during the winter when EVERYTHING they eat is bought. At least when they are on BLM land its FREE

I'm in the process of building a home for a friend and after that I'm taking my Mules packing a Gypsy Wagon that I have built during this winter, my new horse ( Ya I needed something that can run :rolleyes:) and heading up for the SLOW LIFE of riding herd something that I really am looking forward to. I'm getting older and figure that I only have so many more nights under the stars so I best get all I can before I'm to crippled up to do it. Penny is going to be coming and going along with her sister somebody needs to be a grown up and she volunteered for the job. They will come out for weeks at a time and only really be at the house for a few day in-between to keep things running for her Parents.

I was hoping to get a project going of my own to help out some folks that would like to do some of the things that we do. I think Penny explained that in another post. I told my FIL that I never wanted to work again and that's exactly what he's done, I work but its for the family projects they are very generous with some of the gifts I receive as payment NOT ASKED FOR or WANTED. By taking care of my retirement request on NO WORK it has made it impossible for me to do my Project without paying some major taxes and all the crap that I'm not part of the Clinton clan to keep from doing, So as sad as it is when my FIL told me that my project couldn't be done as things are now. I will head for the hills and take care of some of my dreams.

I hope to kind of stay in touch with my Website Pards, this one has quite a few good folks, as do some of the others that at least some plan on coming out for a week or so of BIG SKY to share my Dream. I have made the jump to Smart Phone (its like a mini computer, Samsung S6 ) it works around parts of the hills. Its really amazing where those towers are installed now days. But if not im sure that Penny will keep people up on what's going on no matter how many time I tell her to stay off the sites she listens to me as much as my Mules do.

Take care and God Bless

BIG

BIGNASTY , May 6, 2015
  5. mfurrh55

I sure would love to be up there out in the open, mentioned to the wife once about moving to BIG SKY country and she said Bye, good luck, She won't get too far from the grandkids, so i guess i'm stuck down here in Tx., She's originally from Utah, but she hates the cold weather, can't get her out of Tx., she tells everyone she's from Tx too, Oh well maybe one of these years, Well take care up there and God Bless you too, Monte

mfurrh55 , May 6, 2015