1. TwinnTibbsDiesel

I just experienced my First Diesel valve lash and installing Hamilton 105lb Valve Spirngs, Hamilton Extreme Duty Push Rods and XDP Billet Valve Bridges . It was a handfull LOL

TwinnTibbsDiesel , Apr 6, 2021
    bigceltic and TRAMPLINEMAN like this.
  2. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

I wonder when they went to 105# valve springs. They were 103# when I bought a set for my 5.9. What other mods have you done to want the HD stuff?

I’m going to be honest, I haven’t watched the video and probably won’t. I’m on forums to read, not to watch. You’ve started some interesting threads, or so the topic seems, but I always close them when it’s just a video post. Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t stand most of what’s on YouTube and video blogging. I even make the kids find written recipes when they are cooking.

AH64ID , Apr 6, 2021
  3. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Amen!!... I couldn't agree more......

Everyone copying each other trying to be more sensational and make a quick buck...

bcbender , Apr 7, 2021
  4. TwinnTibbsDiesel

For one I'm trying to help and 2nd I'm not trying to make any money off my Youtube channel. I'm just helping any way I can and I hate reading that's why I do videos. I can't satisfy everyone but I try to help as many as I can .I'm running Compounds that's why I need the HD stuff and my Dually is a 3500HD . I also plan on racing it because it is RWD and after a few more upgrades and some bottom half work on the block I will be pushing around 1,200HP .

TwinnTibbsDiesel , Apr 8, 2021
    Ozymandias and MichaelOverfield like this.
  5. User113 TDR MEMBER

i don't mind You Tube videos that are direct and to the point now that I have my ad blocker working. Particularly if I am watching on a platform where I can play them at 2X speed. So many videos are just dragged out so more ads can be inserted. No good! I do like hands-on videos showing how to get a feeler gauge back on the number six rockers or how to weave the injector lines around all the other obstacles rather than just static views with a bunch of talking, but I imagine that would be much more difficult to film. Glad you were able to get the springs R&Red, but I didn't find this video to be all that helpful or interesting.

User113 , May 3, 2021
  6. bcbender TDR MEMBER

And that's generally the rule. Most, not all U-Tube IMHO is just people posting their opinions, antics, etc... there is some good info out there, but far more bad info... Case in point, my brother was trying to do a trans filter change on his 11 1500 RAM, and I sent him the procedure and DODGE FSM pages, he still called me back with a dozen questions.. I saw this and I saw that and this guy said don't do X.. Finally I explained it to him and which information was "opinion" and procedural in nature.. but a lot of it is just as you pointed out another avenue to send advertisement, opinion and discourse.

Ask yourself if these most of these people really want to help or more accurately would they do it w/o compensation, I would say as a "general rule" NO. Not the rule but certainly not the majority...

bcbender , May 4, 2021
  7. TwinnTibbsDiesel

I bought youtube premium and I don't have any ads so maybe you should try premium and then there won't be any ads . I hate ads too thats why I bought premium .

TwinnTibbsDiesel , May 25, 2021
  8. TwinnTibbsDiesel

Also I have seen that there are a few guys on here and all you do is complain about videos. If you don't like them then don't watch them. Also the negativity you guys put out is not good for yourself nor for your family. I can't imagine being your children and having to deal with all that negativity. I let my children do what they want and I encourage them to do anything that lets them learn any way that is good for them . There is no wrong way to do anything and if videos are not your thing than it's not your thing.

TwinnTibbsDiesel , May 29, 2021