Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECappleman

Anybody taken their CTD on any 4x4 trails in the mountains?

Thinking about going back to Ouray Colorado. I have taken them in a two door Tahoe, without any problems. So width should not be a problem, just worried about any switch backs that I may find. Don't carre to backup a million times to turn.

Any experiences out there?

Thanks.

ECappleman , Jan 27, 2006
  2. RDusch

No problem, check out the bottom half of this thread both full size rams, mine was a long bed.

Rick

RDusch , Jan 27, 2006
  3. frankram

No problem. Did them all including Black Bear. You will have to back up a lot

to get thought the switch backs on Black Bear. Have a good time.

frankram , Jan 27, 2006
  4. ECappleman

Dang, Black Bear? The side on Teluride is crazy. One way trafic only.

I was thinking of Engineer Pass for one day and then going over Opher Pass and then back over Imogine pass the next day. Then just doing some exploring in the mountains on different trails for a few days.

San Juan Mountians are awesome for beauty and 4 wheeling.

I just don't want to crowd or **** people off, because of my big truck. Also not very many wide places for people to pass.

ECappleman , Jan 27, 2006
  5. ECappleman

So in my sig of the 03, I should be good to go?

ECappleman , Jan 29, 2006
  6. frankram

In 2000 I took my stock truck though all the trails. Bent a step bar, but other than that no problems except Poughkeepsie Gulch, hench the air lockers.

Get some good 4wd trail books and have a ball. Don't forget Yankee Boy Basin. I recommend going to Silverton and going to see Animas Forks ghost town. So much to do so little time. I am so jelous.

frankram , Jan 29, 2006