88.9%
  2. Fleetguard Standard LF3972

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Cummins-Mopar #mo-285

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greg_Stein

I am about due for an oil change and am pricing out the filters and have a couple questions.
    I am currently looking between the Fleetguard Oil/ STRATApore and the Fleetguard Oil/Standard, what is the advantage to the Stratapore filter that the extra $5 provides, ive read the discription on the Geno's garage. Is it truly that much more advanced and better preforming?

I am also looking on AutoZone and the have a Mopar Filter that says its engineered and specified by Cummins for $15 part # MO-285

Fleetguard Vs. Mopar Opinions?

Ive been changing the filter at every oil change but ive read that I can go 2 oil changes on one filter, is this safe and true?

Also ive been seeing alot of videos and products on the shelf buy the engine oils called Nano Lubricant Such as Zmax and Arcoil. Has anyone added stuff like this to engine oil or read about tests ran with this stuff?

These are probably no brainer questions, but this is my first diesel vehicle and I want her to last an extremely long time.

Greg_Stein , Jan 11, 2018
  2. GrantP TDR MEMBER

I'll throw in another option, Donaldson DBL7349. It uses a synthetic media as does the Stratopore. I could be wrong (and someone will correct me if I am) but I think the Mopar and Fleetguard standard filter are the same thing with a different label. For engines this expensive, buy the best you can get. Can't go wrong with the Stratopore and change it at every oil change. If you don't then you're leaving at least of quart of used/dirty/depleted oil in there, filters aren't that expensive.

Skip the snake oil additives, my .02.

GrantP , Jan 12, 2018
  3. 07 ThunderRoad

The owners manual states that you can use the same oil for 15,000 mi. if you change the filter at 7,500 mi. with light duty use.

07 ThunderRoad , Jan 12, 2018
  4. Michaelsloft

X2

The Donaldson DBL7349 and the Fleetguard Stratopore filters are exceptional and a good value. Use good quality oil and filters without the additives has proven to work.

Michaelsloft , Jan 12, 2018
  5. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I change my oil and filters every 6 months, using the Fleetguard Stratapore LF16035 oil filter with 3 gallons of Shell Rotella 15W-40, T-4 oil. I have taken oil samples at every other oil change checking for fuel dilution and wear particles. Nothing abnormal shows up upon the oil samples when taken, I am always in the green for my oil samples.
    Why every 6-months? I do not put enough miles on the truck anymore since I am retired. I only average between 10 to 12,000 miles a year now.

Jim W , Jan 13, 2018
  6. Michaelsloft

I change my every six months too using Rotella T-6 5W40 Synthetic and using the Fleetguard Stratapore 3894 or Donaldson DBL7349. Drive about 10,000-12,000 miles a year and never had any oil related problems. Oil always looks good, feels ok and smells ok. No oil samples, but notice the engine is always a little quieter & smoother with fresh oil and it is good peace of mind to know the truck is ready to drive coast to coast if needed. Can always easily change the filter and top off engine oil on the road if required.

Michaelsloft , Jan 13, 2018
  7. PawsWet

Oil and filters are cheap, especially for extreme duty like short trips. I use the Fleetguard LF-16035 and run Rotella 15W-40 T6. My oil analysis numbers are good and stable.

I cut my filters open with a filter cutter to see how they are working and monitor quality. Probably overkill, but it makes me happy.

Added filtration and water separation filters are a good investment. Keep draining those sumps so the water separators do their job properly. I run PS Diesel Kleen and TCW3 2SO as well, though not every tank. I worry more about water.

PawsWet , Jan 17, 2018
  8. Brian Sullivan

X2

The Donaldson DBL7349 and the Fleetguard Stratopore filters are exceptional and a good value. Use good quality oil and filters without the additives has proven to work.

X3

Brian Sullivan , Jan 17, 2018
  9. amsoilman Staff Alumni

THe Donaldson DBL 7349 is a very good Oil filter, which I think is a better filter then the Stratapore. As for the oil additives, I would stay away from any of them. ALL oils have the proper Oil additives and amounts needed, and when another additive is introduced to the oil, it could upset the Chemical balance of the other additives already in the oil. This could cause problems down the road!

amsoilman , Jan 18, 2018