1. Gearclash

Please educate me on the cab size options between the 3rd gen and 4th gen. Not interested in the standard cab. We had a 3rd gen 1500 Mega Cab so I know what that is like. Borrowed a 4th gen non Mega Cab 4 door (Crew Cab?) so I have a reference point there too. Is the 4th gen crew cab longer than the 3rd gen non Mega Cab (did they call that the Quad Cab yet)?

I haven’t kept up on the Ram nomenclature very well since I bought my 2nd gen in 2003.

Just kinda casually looking something newer than my not so trusty and too small ’99 Ram 2500. Need a bigger cab, preferably like the 4th gen I borrowed, and dual rear wheels.

Thanks!

Gearclash , Jan 21, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  2. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

The 4th Gen crew cab is 9” larger than the 3rd Gen club cab. The main reason I went to a 4th gen was the cab size.

AH64ID , Jan 22, 2024
    Diesel85 and bcbender like this.
  3. Diesel85 TDR MEMBER

The cabs on these newer trucks are very nice.

I'm really hoping that the 5th gen will have a flat floor with no hump.

Diesel85 , Jan 22, 2024
  4. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Flat floor would likely be the only reason I'd buy a new one from mine. As said, the cab size is the reason I bought new ( I have a 12y old son that is almost 6' tall riding in the back :rolleyes:).. the creature comforts and everything else is a bonus, hands down a better truck than my 04.

bcbender , Jan 22, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  5. Diesel85 TDR MEMBER

The flat floor was another reason I went with the 1500. My work 3500 needs a flat floor as I was had some boxes of equipment that couldn't be in the bed uncovered.

Diesel85 , Jan 22, 2024