Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCasper TDR MEMBER

I am in the need of new tires and am trying to make a decision. I either leave my truck the way it is and buy the 285 Toyo A/T's or the 295 Toyo M/T's. But I think my truck would look a lot better with the 35" Toyo M/T's on it. Can I clear the 35's with just a leveling kit with the tires on the stock wheels? If I do a leveling kit, how many of you have put new springs on instead of spacers and where do I get them.

Thanks, Joe

JCasper , Sep 3, 2006
  2. Nate

Actually I think you can clear them without anything. One of my old roomates had a 3rd gen 2500, Hemi though and he was running 35s without anything special. Didn't rub with some off roading either.

Nate , Sep 3, 2006
  3. GaryCarter

35's cleared stock on mine. A little rub on the front control arms at full lock, this is common with stock wheels.

Looks better with the KORE but clearance was not a problem stock. The lift did not stop the rubbing on the control arms. For that you need aftermarket control arms or wheels with more offset.

Gary

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    GaryCarter , Sep 3, 2006
  4. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

I had 35's on before and after Kore leveling kit which is 2"

Great fit.

Only issues is the power steering gets to work a lot harder. I surf fish. You have to air down to 15-20psi. At that pressure I cannot steer at all sitting still.

Yo Hoot , Sep 3, 2006
  5. oneshotkyle

iv'e only had a kore leveling system with springs, i don't think you will be unhappy with their kit. priced high but well worth it. my 35mt toyo's rub the control arms in tight manuvering like parking lots. if you go with the toyo's you'll love them i already have 20k this year and have 60% tire left.

oneshotkyle , Sep 3, 2006
  6. JCasper TDR MEMBER

oneshotkyle,

I noticed you have a b & w turnover ball in your truck. Next year I am planning on purchasing a fifth wheel or travel trailer. I was just curious if with the 35's are the RPM's too low on the freeway with a load and does that create excessive egt's. Overall how is the towing power and stability with the 35's.

Thanks,

Joe

JCasper , Sep 3, 2006
  7. GanzJN

I had 37" tires on stock wheels with a 2" leveling kit with 1/4" spacers they still rubbed the controll arms. It will be better with after market wheels.

GanzJN , Sep 3, 2006
  8. TheBigSgt

I have the BDS 2 inch pucks on the front. I'm running the 325 79 17 toyos on Hallo 9. 5 rims I got a little rub in the plastic fenderwells.

TheBigSgt , Sep 3, 2006
  9. MMcbratney

lift kits

i have a 06 2500 slt sport quad 2wd why doesn't anybody make a suspension lift for these trucks? i already have a 2 in. puck in the front springs. what else can i do besides a body lift?

MMcbratney , Sep 3, 2006
  10. CTDFreak

My Pro Comp 3" leveling kit clears my 35/12. 5/20 Toyo's just fine, but it is a tight fit. I've never rubbed, but it sure looks close when I am at full lock.

I did have to trim my fender flares a little.

CTDFreak , Sep 3, 2006
  11. TheBigSgt

I would call pro comp and fab tech.

TheBigSgt , Sep 3, 2006
  12. JCastilleja

I just put spacers on since I do not go off-roading in my truck... . just around the farm and logging roads. If you are into wheelin', then a new spring would be best. I am happy w/my Rough Country spacers and 35s, No issues as of yet and I have had them on for a while now.

I did end up with an after market wheel and needed to put on fender extenders... . I think it ends up finishing off the look of the truck... I'll post a pic tomorrow as its dark out now! :-laf

JCastilleja , Sep 4, 2006
  13. Bob V

I am running 35s W/a 2 3/8" spacer in front and ride rite air bags in the back, aftermarket wheels with stock backspace that are an inch wider, tires rub on my fender flairs. I tow a 34' 5th wheel and don't have any problems. The fiver has adjustable mounting points for the suspension so it was easy to lift. Just went from a Reese hitch to the B&W turnover W/companion (I found a place local that will sell for $960. 00 total, carry out). Two things I didn't like about the B&W, not as much side to side tilt as the Reese, and there is a lot more to pulling out the companion than the Reese. But the flat floor in the bed is worth it!

Bob V , Sep 5, 2006
  14. JCasper TDR MEMBER

Bob V,

Hi There, you have been answering my questions over on NWBombers also. I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I really like the looks of your truck it is the color I wanted but could not get when I bought mine. If yours is the truck I am thinking of I have seen it before, my brother-in-law lives up the hill out of rainier. I have noticed it when driving by.

What kind of 35's are you running? Do you have any problems with sidewall flex with that much rubber when loaded? How about braking? Also my truck is going to stay fairly stock, do you think there will be much of a power difference compared to my 33's.

Thanks again, maybe sometime when I am out that way I will give you a call. It would be nice to take a look at your truck up close.

Thanks, Joe

JCasper , Sep 5, 2006
  15. bzingre

Check sig. No problem with rub on 315s or 35s... Big turbo helps EGTs stay cool w/ juice set on tow. Never had any problems with stock turbo and EZ either; towing tractors GVW 25,000. Plenty of power. Braking 25K is hard anyway. If you plan to stay almost stock, I would say an EZ would more than make up for loss of power by adding bigger meats. I didn't notice a big change in flex with plenty of air. Ride is a little soft. If you get different wheels, make sure they are rated for the GVW of the truck.

bzingre , Sep 5, 2006
  16. MDarnell

I have been trying to figure out what tire to upgrade to as well. One thing that I keep reading about and reading on TDR is the rim width limitations on stock wheels. My 2004 has 17x8 rims and most of the larger E rated tires start at 8. 5in. Not sure if that was a problem or not, but wanted to share that info with you.

MDarnell , Sep 5, 2006
  17. Bob V

Joe, I got the tires from Schwab, Dean mud terrain (6 ply, 3000# rating), I wanted the Toyo MT but couldn't wait that long for them, thy WILL be my next set. They do work good, no flex that I have noticed. Brakes feel the same as with the stock tires, did feel a power loss but got that back and then some with the Juice and injectors, but it was not bad stock, and 5th works better for pulling, easy to get to actual 55-60 mph at about 2200 rpm. I live up Fern Hill, after the "Y" on Townsend. Would be nice to get together next time you are out this way

Bob V , Sep 5, 2006
  18. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

H2 Hummer rims seem to be the perfect rim size and offset...

Here is the stock tire setup next to the 35" tires that come stock on an H2 Hummer. This was before I installed the Kore leveling kit. (2")

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Yo Hoot , Sep 6, 2006
  19. JErskine

as long as you maintain stock wheel size.

JErskine , Sep 6, 2006
  20. JCasper TDR MEMBER

So I was just at Les Scwhaab talking to them about the availability of 35" Toyo M/T's. They told me that if I put them on my stock wheels I will where the center of the tires out. I currently have 33X12. 5 Pro Comps on and have noticed this a little.

Does anyone have experience with 35's on the stock wheels. If it will be a problem I may go with the 295/70/17's.

Joe

JCasper , Sep 7, 2006