Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRuD

Thanks in advance.

If I where to put 300 Hp injectors in my truck what would I gain?? or Loose??

I use my truck for pulling the 5er and other loads that I need to move.

Would I need a "box" to make everything work smoothly??

I've read alot of posts about the 275 injectors "waking up the engine" should I go with them or the 300s.

Thanks

See Ya

Chris

CRuD , Sep 24, 2001
  2. CumminsAholic TDR MEMBER

I'm pretty sure the 300's you're talking about are for the 12 valve. If so they will not work. Or do they make a 300rv injector for the 24v? If they do then I learned something today. :)

Corey

CumminsAholic , Sep 24, 2001
  3. Devildog

If you tow a lot you want to go with DDII's and their ultimate fuel module.

Devildog , Sep 24, 2001
  4. Bigsaint

Not sure what you mean by "300 HP" injectors. All of the 24 valve injectors, with the exception of the 275's, are rated in stages (DD) or steps (BullyDog). Not sure how much you would gain with the injectors alone without a boost module. I would try the edge EZ or the DD equivalent first, if that's not enough add larger injectors. The EZ box alone is a real nice power upgrade for the ETH.

WARNING: you would have to change the bottom line of your sig. if you added the box :D .

Scott W.

Bigsaint , Sep 24, 2001
  5. CRuD

Thanks. Yes the injectors I was talking about are the ones used in a 5. 9 12 valve marine engine with the in line injection pump.

Thanks again

See Ya

Chris

CRuD , Sep 25, 2001
  6. Bob Wagner

CRUD

the 12 valve injectors CAN NOT be used on the 24 valve cummins

Bob Wagner , Sep 25, 2001
  7. MUDDY

i was told bosch makes 300 horse rv injectors for the 24v. when i got my 275s they said the 300s were a choice.

MUDDY , Sep 25, 2001
  8. Okie-Go

I have the HO and 275's with the edge ez. I am saytisfied with it. (For Now). Seriously, that will give you noticebly more power. I can feel the difference in my truck with them. I have the 3. 55 in the rear, I can only imagine what it would do with the 4. 10's.

Okie-Go , Sep 25, 2001
  9. 1BIG44

You would gain about 40 hp. with the 275's and maybe a little mpg increase if you can keep your foot out of it. If you go bigger than the 275's you are looking at the extrude honed stuff, I think.

The only thing you might lose is your paycheck, once that bug bites it is hard to stop it.

As far as the boxes go, I think with the weight you a pulling that you might have egt problems if you don't also add some boost. The EZ could take care of that for you. With the EZ and the 275's you can get around 300 hp at the wheels.

If you want you can come take mine for a ride to see what you think.

Wes

1BIG44 , Sep 26, 2001