Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRuD

If and when I start BOMBing this is where I am thinking of starting. Other than installing the injectors (which is easy) what else needs to be changed?? What if I go with 300 Hp injectors ?? I know I can gain alot by messing with the ECM but which is the best with respect to durability. What will the fuel mileage go to?? It maybe better due to not keeping my foot in it so long to get moving. I pull a 31 foot 5er from time to time which weighs in around 11,000 lbs loaded.

I am happy with the power of the truck, BUT alittle more is better. I don't like being stuck behind slow traffic when towing.

I am in the thinking about it stage right now. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time to come.

Thanks.

See Ya

Chris

CRuD , Jun 17, 2001
  2. BigDaddy

Chris,

I really can't answer your question with authority so I will attempt to help you in the right direction. I am sure you will get some good respoces from other members. :D

Diesel Dynamics, Advanced Diesel Technologies and Bully Dog will have an injector to fit your needs. DD has an authorized installer in Charlotte, about 5 hours from you.

The two limiting factors to your power enhancements will be EGT's and Clutch. Ok maybe three, Budget?:rolleyes: So, while your in the "thinking about it stage right now" your first upgrage should be gauges. Boost, EGT, Trans Temp, and Rear Temp. That is what I am in the process of now.

Hope this helps.

BigDaddy , Jun 18, 2001
  3. MikeR

Well,with the 275RV injectors along with a boost module you'll get a tad over 40hp increase over stock. These injectors usually give you a 1. 5 mpg gain.

If you want to crack the 300hp barrier,you're gonna have to go with Diesel Dynamic Stage II injectors. Mileage usually doesn't change.

-Mike

MikeR , Jun 18, 2001
  4. Archive

CRuD... I think most everyone would advise you to start with a set of gauges... there is another thread just posted where a 2001. 5HO exceeded safe temps and he was bone stock. Unless I missed something, I don't see any mention of gauges.

Search the forum and find "proper order for upgrades"... follow this religously and you will be able "to keep this truck for a long time to come".

Archive , Jun 19, 2001
  5. CRuD

Gauges, Gauges and more gauges. I agree I wanted the SPA EGT/Boost as a Fathers Day present but that didn't happen. We went to Bush Gardens and had a ball. Young'ens don't stay young for long thing.

On my way to Va I had to pass two cars, she did fine down shift and pour the coal to her and we where soon doing 70. I don't pull things any faster then that, to many things can happen to fast when towing.

Like I said I am in the "thinking about it stage", I figure about 87,000 more miles to go before I start messing with her. Course by then we may be flying around in space ships.

Thanks for your replys.

See Ya

Chris

:D

CRuD , Jun 19, 2001