1. richardcoxid

Knowing that Good Year RST G614 tires are almost prohibitively expensive ($325-$350 ea). I found two other brands (maybe there is more?) that make that same size tires. Both are made in China of course however, like the G614 both are rated for 3750# @ 110 PSI.

Geo Star G574- Sold by a company that has about 800 tire shops in the Pacific North West/Intermountain areas. The tire web site says that they are “all steel” construction. 30. 6 inch in Dia. $259. 00 ea. plus mounting etc.

Sailun S637- Sold by an intermountain company that has quite a few stores in a few states but not close to 800. They have two general types of stores, one sells primarily passenger car/lite truck sizes, the other stores sell primarily big truck/construction equipment/farm machinery sizes. The tires were available only at their big truck tire store, they said that that they use them on Low Boy trailers and haven’t had any trouble with them. They could mount them on the rims but they would have take the rims/tires to their passenger tire store for balancing then bring them back and mount them on my RV. The salesman was vague when talking about tire warranty and speed rating. I also couldn’t find anything on their web site about all steel construction of the tires. 31. 7 inch in Dia. $214. 00 ea.

I purchased 4 of the Geo Stars even though they were more expensive, why? Plain and simple the salesman was more helpful and I liked their local reputation for service as well as 800 stores for service. They have a sheet of paper that describes the warranty in detail. After I made a 400 mile trip I discovered that one tire has a 6 month old manufacturing date the other 3 were 2 years old. I went back and complained, their response- NO PROBLEM and the replaced (including balancing) the 3 with tires that are only 4 months old! SERVICE- COULDN”T BE BETTER!

Now we will see how these tires compare with the lighter duty China will pops!

richardcoxid , Sep 12, 2012
  2. ringneck

lets us know how long it takes before you are looking for a good fider glass man,but good look.

ringneck , Sep 12, 2012
  3. CBari

Bridgestone also makes a tire like that. I have a friend that has run a bunch of them.

CBari , Sep 13, 2012
  4. Axtell3 TDR MEMBER

My truck had sailuns on it when I bought it. I wasn't impressed.

Axtell3 , Sep 13, 2012
  5. Slow Six

You get what you pay for. The way I see it you can spend on tires or pay for fixing.

Slow Six , Sep 13, 2012
  6. CNorthrup

what kind of tread do they have?

CNorthrup , Sep 22, 2012
  7. HBarlow

Nope, I don't think so. I'd like to see your link to a Bridgestone LT235/85R16 LRG tire.

GY G614 is the ONLY American name brand G rated LT tire I've ever seen or heard of.

A couple other brands like the OP wrote about are Chicomm. Personally, I would not accept the significant risk of considerable damage to the side of my trailer likely to result from use of Chicomm tires.

HBarlow , Sep 22, 2012