Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse Adams

I know it’s a 5th gen but I’ve put 60k miles on it and have had a p0299 code come up since the 8k mile era. Every time I took it to the dealership they said it was the air filter. It needs the sticky strips they said. So they replaced it and a couple weeks later it’s back on again. Take it back and they say it isn’t supposed to have the sticky strips on the filter. None the less it’s been back and forth about that issue. Then at 59k mile I have P0716 P0729 P0735 P0765 AND P0933 Codes come up! (The maintenance on it has constantly been ahead of scheduled services )
    Anyways take it back to the RAM dealership and they have it for a few days and finally call and say oh the PCM needed to be flashed and we put an air filter in because it’s supposed to have the gel strips on it! Haha
    None the less I leave and it’s shifting very hard 3 hours later codes are being thrown again and then it goes into a type of limp mode where it is only using 4th and 1st gears what is really going on with this? It’s not driven hard but it is hauling 8k pounds regularly?

Jesse Adams , Aug 25, 2021
  2. Ltngdrvr

Hard shifting and only operating in 4th and 1st, is trans limp mode.
    When mine did that, it was a faulty harness connector on the trans.

I'd take it to a different dealer.

Ltngdrvr , Aug 25, 2021
    Tuesdak and Rob S like this.
  3. Jesse Adams

I definitely will be doing that.
    It’s been to 3 so far

Jesse Adams , Aug 25, 2021
  4. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

The air filter with the sticky strips has superseded the one without, so it's supposed to have them :rolleyes:

Unless you want to foot your own bill then it's back to the Ram dealership you go for diagnostic and repair.

Just to clarify the HD 5th gen truck isn't out yet, 2020 is still a 4th gen.

AH64ID , Aug 25, 2021
    Tuesdak likes this.