Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Terry

At 71 it’s pretty amazing to me that the technology on my new 2022 ho 3500 will let me honk my horn from my i 12 cell phone 2500 miles away. Maui to Alaska. I can even lock and unlock the doors check the temp inside etc. maybe auto stat it. Haven’t tried that yet

Turbo Terry , Feb 24, 2022
    NIsaacs likes this.
  2. C M McCormick TDR MEMBER

LOL, Cool beans Terry. Glad you are enjoying it.

Craig

C M McCormick , Feb 24, 2022
    NIsaacs likes this.
  3. bcbender TDR MEMBER

I tried that Uconnect app for a while but never thought it was that useful. It is pretty basic and when they asked me for $12.99 a mo to continue it I said thank you no sir. Maybe if it had more functionality to interface with the truck but for only the same basic functions of the key fob it seemed steep to me.

Glad you are having fun, don't accidently start it and forget while your 2500 mi away. :D

bcbender , Feb 24, 2022
    NIsaacs likes this.
  4. lpennock

It shuts off after 15m if you do forget and leave it running.

lpennock , Feb 24, 2022
  5. Turbo Terry

My auto start is not factory. And is adjustable to 45 mins then shuts off. I have it set at 25 mins

Turbo Terry , Feb 24, 2022
  6. Diesel Gunner

Look up Pegasus.

Diesel Gunner , Feb 24, 2022
  7. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Too long in cold weather. There is a reason the factory remote start doesn’t run as long in extreme cold.

Why didn’t you go with the OEM one? All you needed was new key fobs and to have it enabled, possibly a hood latch switch.

AH64ID , Feb 27, 2022
  8. Topzide TDR MEMBER

The OEM kit was $265 to house and $100 to turn on at dealer since I didn't have AlfaOBD at the time or I could have saved $100 at dealer! Had hood latch with switch and 2 new FOB's and the RF box behind rear seat. Was easy install.

Topzide , Feb 27, 2022
    AH64ID likes this.
  9. SSage

I wonder when law enforcement will start using those features on private vehicles too. Or the banks, late on payment and they shut off the truck. Limit where you can take the vehicle or limit speed, limit idle time ect. They do that with Class 8 commercial trucks.

SSage , Feb 27, 2022
  10. lpennock

It has been on the new that they have done that a couple times with OnStar. Limited the speed until the suspect was in a safe area to apprehend and then had onstar to bring it to a stop. Not sure if our systems can do that but wouldn't surprise me the same type back door exists.

lpennock , Feb 27, 2022
  11. seafish

Also maybe NOT so cool when someone else figures out how to hack it and your horn starts sounding off in the middle of the night in your own driveway and your app no longer controls it. Or even locks you out of your own truck....let alone takes over some of the ECM "features" while your driving.

The video below is from 2013 ...who knows how such hacking has come by now

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andygr...th-me-behind-the-wheel-video/?sh=681d0605228c

Just sayin' !!!

seafish , Feb 27, 2022
  12. Turbo Terry

Sounds exciting I had a 5.9 325 hp Cummins 1999 go wide open throttle across my Culdy sac one time. Brakes still worked. Snow on ground in 4 high 3000 lbs camper in truck and sno go trailer with two machines on it 1500 lbs I turned the key off it was still wide open threw it into neutral hit key on and off. Got it stopped right at the stop sign good and proper. My stepson was 15 and riding shotgun. He thought I had did it all on purpose. I had installed a aftermarket high idle kit on it cut two wires on the cruise control spliced in. Worked great until it didn’t. Went in the trash wires went back to normal. You always need a plan b and c in case a doesn’t work.

Turbo Terry , Feb 27, 2022
    Diesel Gunner and brucejohnson like this.