Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel

Hi all, my 2016 with 230k km is giving me a hard time. The heater does not give heat ( changed thermostat and core last year) and transmission ( 68RFE) is still giving me hard shifts after 6k in repairs. So decided to bite the bullet and put deposit on new 22 3500 SRW . Will go to dealer Saturday to do paperwork.
    Just wondering if anyone knows if my Leer can from the 16 will fit or not. Thanks in advance....

Axel , Dec 9, 2021
  2. Wiredawg

Someone may chime in they've tried and it worked or didn't, but if you have time, taking some measurements will help or call Leer.

Good luck figuring it out.

Wiredawg , Dec 9, 2021
  3. bcbender TDR MEMBER

My guess would be its OK, but Id take a ride down to the dealer with a tape and measure / compare... Id be more worried about the HMBL and camera if equipt.. My 03 3rd gen top fit my 2020 and wasn't too bad...

bcbender , Dec 9, 2021
    Wiredawg likes this.
  4. Axel

Thx, did not think about the camera. Maybe I go tunnocover instead.

Axel , Dec 10, 2021
  5. Wiredawg

If it were new cap on your new truck, I believe Leer has an option for a camera feature integrated in the cap CHMSL. Not sure how it works... or use the tailgate camera, and turn off the truck's CHMSL

Wiredawg , Dec 10, 2021
  6. bcbender TDR MEMBER

That's what I did, Truxedo roll up, 5% of the cost of a new top, keeps my stuff in and dry; and I dont have to take it on/off to pull my 5er or Gooseneck

bcbender , Dec 10, 2021
    Wiredawg likes this.