Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingate

Man this is getting aggrevating. The more I drive this truck the more I find not working. I have about 6K on it now. Hit the remote start, hopped in to truck, dang air cooled seat not on again!
    When I first got the truck, there was a screen on the 8.4AN to set my desired presets for that. Its disappeared and now sometimes I start the truck the cooled seat is on low, sometimes its on high, sometimes its off and its NOT temperature related.
    When I get out of the truck and try to lock the doors using the convienent button on the handle, I have to sit there and push it 5-10 times before it will lock. I COULD dig the key fob out of my pocket and lock it, but I paid extra for the convienence of the dang push button. Tried it from the passenger side, it works flawless every time, guess Im suppose to crawl out the passenger door to use that extra.
    Was thrilled when I bought the truck that it had an SD card for all my thousands of songs... Well crap, more than half the time, the head unit will not recognize the SD card and just stalls out. Only fix is multiple keyswitch cycles in my new 60K truck on the side of the road!
    BT to Droid only receives about half of the text messages that my phone gets although it always says its connected to BT.
    DEF gage has a mind of its own, will read with needle in red zone but no alarms or messages, 500 miles later and restart the truck it reads just under a half! WTH, does my truck MAKE DEF? Next keyswitch cycle it will be back to 1/4 tank!
    Truck has recall for RF hub... Guess I need to make a list, check it twice and take it in, AGAIN!.
    Guess Im just venting here!.. Anyone else having issues out of their Laramie or Longhorn?
    Thinking maybe its due to all the electronic gadgets on the more loaded up trucks....

Wingate , Sep 1, 2014
  2. gtwitch

I guess that the Italians that buy Fiat are at home with this kind of "Quality" or lack there of!

gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch , Sep 1, 2014
  3. RVTRKN

I remember when Chrysler bought what was left of American motors to get the Jeep brand, they branded some to dodge names and I bought a used one and the dealer had to buy it back after they were unable to keep the computer from shorting out causing a safety issue and by law they had to buy it back. It turned out the vehicle was made in Canada using French electronics. I realy felt for the electrical mechanic, he pulled every wire looking for the short and it was in the steering wheel. When they gave it back to me I had the manager sit in the car while I pulled the steering column up and down and then "Blip" the dash went banana's. Maybe the italians got the plans from an old chrysler archive. :-laf

RVTRKN , Sep 1, 2014
  4. fthorsby

I have a similar vehicle, just not the problems! Have you had the PF15 recall completed? It is suppose to improve the performance of the remote start/locking system. Not sure about the 8.4 radio, but again perhaps you need an update to the Uconnect software. I do mine, myself. I've actually done 3 updates to the radio. I know you're venting, but the DEF tank gauge is notoriously inaccurate.

fthorsby , Sep 1, 2014
  5. mpaulson

I have the press the drivers door convenience button about 5 times issue and the passenger side is flawless. I have had the RF hub reflash done, otherwise the only other problem I have is that sometimes the 8.4AN gets the music messed up that it is reading from my iPhone and I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in then all is well again. My seat seems to be a little mysterious as well at times but I haven't paid that close of attention to it.

mpaulson , Sep 1, 2014
  6. Joseph Donnelly

Hopefully the RF Hub will take care of the issues. My '13 has been very good so I think yours can be fixed by a good technician.

Joseph Donnelly , Sep 2, 2014
  7. Ram4Sam TDR MEMBER

My truck also has the same drivers door issues. On random occasions, the lock button will require a second push to lock......grrrr! Also, sometimes when I enter the truck, it will unlock if I just touch the door handle, not using the touch pad on the inside of the handle.......double grrrrr!

Sam

Ram4Sam , Sep 2, 2014
  8. Wingate

its definitely aggravating as my wifes 2010 Mazda has the push buttons on the door handle and have NEVER had an issue. Shes got the big touch screen nav system, bt, etc and never had an issue.
    Heres my new 14 model constantly acting like a spoiled prima-donna requiring attention every time someone farts!
    Thinking the push button will have to be replaced as it doesnt "feel" right. The radio stuff seemed to work better BEFORE the last round of sw updates by the dealer.
    Good thing I decided not to sell the 06 model yet!

Wingate , Sep 2, 2014
  9. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Next time the doors don't lock step a little further away from the door and see if that helps. There are five antennas including the remote start antenna that triangulate the key fob position every time a request comes into the RFH from a door handle or Go button. If you keep the fob in your right pocket and press the button with your left hand it may still think the fob is inside the truck and it will ignore the lock command. On the passenger side the fob would be a body width further outside the truck and it is OK with the lock signal. If you want to fool around, hold the fob different distances away from the door and try and unlock or lock with the handle. You will see the truck is actually pretty darn smart at locating the key.
    The radio and BT may still be a software update. There was a new update released a couple of weeks ago.

sag2 , Sep 3, 2014
  10. Ram4Sam TDR MEMBER

Great information.....as usual,:) thanks Sag! I am actually a fob in left pocket and lock with the right hand guy so I will go lefty and see how it works. Any ideas on why I can unlock the truck by touching just the chrome door handle on the drivers door? I'm not touching the touchpad on the inside of the handle, and it only works when the truck is asleep.

Sam

Ram4Sam , Sep 3, 2014
  11. PMcCall

Definetely... on more than one occasion I have attempted to lock my truck and it didn't work, my initial reaction was "this darn thing isn't working again", then I realized I left the fob in the truck so it was a great thing the doors didn't lock :) I am struggling to get used to having to carry the FOB.. I came from a ford and they have the key pad to unlock the doors so I am in the bad habit of leaving my keys in the truck!

PMcCall , Sep 3, 2014
  12. Wingate

I wish this was the case with mine. Key fob STAYS in my pocket at all times(like it should) I have tried different pockets as well as backing away from the door and extending my arm, nothing. Funny thing is that when I push the button on the door the first time, all the exterior door lights flash, but the doors do NOT lock nor do I get a horn honk. Hit it over and over after that and somewhere between 3 and 10 times and the doors lock.

Wingate , Sep 3, 2014
  13. mpaulson

Today for whatever the easy entry feature that moves the seat back stopped working!!@#$#@$%%# I'm using the same key fob and it is still turned on in the menu on the 8.4AN. !!@#
    It's like your driving your desk top computer around with these new trucks. I love the features, but just don't want to be dealing with stuff like that. The computer at work gives me enough stress, I don't need more on the drive home!

mpaulson , Sep 3, 2014
  14. sag2 TDR MEMBER

It should not work from the outside handle. The inside of the handle has a special membrane that senses the conductivity of your fingers. The handle itself is not really connected to the membrane. That being said if it bothers you and you can duplicate it you might demonstrate it to your dealer and have them replace the handle.

sag2 , Sep 4, 2014
  15. Hoefler

One thing, when locking, do not have your hand near/around the inside of the door handle. This is something we had to learn when we bought the Durango. Just push the button with an extended finger.

Hoefler , Sep 4, 2014
  16. Ram4Sam TDR MEMBER

I am well aware of how the handle works, both locking and unlocking......I actually read the manual:eek: I can touch just the outside chrome handle with one finger only and it will unlock the truck, I am not grabbing the handle at all. Actually, it's kind of convenient but not how it is supposed to work. The beast is going to the dealer today for another swing at fixing the intermittent switch panel issue, I'll just add this to the list.

Sam

Ram4Sam , Sep 4, 2014
  17. Wingate

Just got off the phone with SA, gave him a list of crap not acting like its suppose to. He seemed a bit overwhelmed as he was trying to write it up. Appointment is for Tuesday, told him I would go over this list of issues again when i dropped the truck off.
    Hoping to get everything fixed at once. Thinking Im gonna put everything on paper and make a couple of copies. Then when I pick the truck up, we can go over everything to test its function before I leave and get aggravated.

Wingate , Sep 4, 2014
  18. jacknife

My 14 is special, the def gaug is glued on full. I guess it just makes some whenever l use some.

jacknife , Sep 6, 2014
  19. Wingate

well as of today, its been stuck just off of empty and CLEARLY in the red zone yet I have no messages or warnings that the DEF tank is low.

Wingate , Sep 6, 2014
  20. Joseph Donnelly

My DEF gauge sat on/near empty for a while before I got a message on EVIC as shown in Issue 85.

Joseph Donnelly , Sep 7, 2014