Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oil Stain TDR MEMBER

I just ordered a replacement key fob from the dealer. I will have it in a few days. I have the Alpha OBD app. I also read on here that I need a 4 digit pin from the dealer to enter into the Alpha app.

When reading the Alpha info on what to do, it seems a little scary.

Has anyone done this on the Alpha for a 2012?

I noticed 2 areas of question. It gives me a choice of "Wireless Control Module" My2011-12 non-powernet var.1 and a var.2. Both seem to be the same, which should I use?

Also under "Program Ignition Keys or Key Fobs", it mentions I must run "ELV Replaced" or "ESCL Replaced". Not sure what they are, I don't think I need to do that, just guessing. And the other is I must run "PEM Replaced" to transfer new key info from "WCM" to "PEM.

Can anybody step me though this or should I just ante up and pay the dealer?

Oil Stain , Oct 3, 2021
  2. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I think you ordering it from the Dealer they would program it for you.

Cummins12V98 , Oct 3, 2021
  3. Topzide TDR MEMBER

@Oil Stain ,You might want to post up on https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/. I know on my 2014, I was able to pull my own pin # and programming was pretty straight forward. I looked at your MY and it doesn't have pin pulling. You could get Chrysler Pin Pull from the app store to get pin #. I'd see what dealer will charge and maybe check with local locksmiths. Good luck and keep us posted.

Topzide , Oct 4, 2021
  4. Oil Stain TDR MEMBER

Thanks for the replies guys, will reply with end results.
    Thanks for the link Topzide. Geez, more stuff to read................

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Oil Stain , Oct 4, 2021
  5. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Sorry about that, easier than trying to relay any info. :cool:

Topzide , Oct 4, 2021
  6. Oil Stain TDR MEMBER

No worries, friend!

Oil Stain , Oct 5, 2021
  7. gtwitch

I had a local locksmith do my fob that I got on AMAZON for $19 and works fine, only cost under $50 at the locksmith.
    gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch , Oct 5, 2021