Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDaugherty

I just bought a set of ProComp Extreme M/T-2 size 315/70R17E for my sig truck. They are pretty new to the market. ProComp recently made minor changes to the tread pattern, beefed up the carcass to a 10ply rating, and added a 40K treadlife warranty. See the following link: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/315-70R17-Xtreme-MT2.aspx?t_c=13&t_s=536&t_pt=101509&t_pn=PCT77315

My reasons for buying the ProComp tires was mainly that it met my requirements for having a somewhat aggressive tread and 10 ply rating. I decided to try the Procomps because of the treadlife warranty and because they were different from what everyone else has around here. I was able to buy wholesale and the price was very comparable to Nitto Trail Grapplers and Toyo M/T's. I'll resurrect this post from time to time as I pile up some miles, but right now I want to add my initial thoughts.

Toyo's and Nitto's are Japanese, but the ones I've been buying have all been made in the US... mostly GA, I think.

My Procomps were made in Taiwan.

I have stock wheels with around 5/32" wheel spacers (centramatic balancers), stock wheels and no lift. The 35's fit fine and don't even rub the control arm at full lock like I expected.

My salesman assures me that the treadlife warranty is a real deal no hassle warranty where they pro-rate the tire lift and give money off the next set. I would rather not need a warranty that to have one, but we'll see how it goes. I don't exactly put high miles on my truck. Probably 10K or less per year.

tire1.jpg #ad
    tire2.jpg #ad

tire1.jpg #ad

tire2.jpg #ad

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
    BDaugherty , Jul 5, 2013