Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadrach

I thought I would show you what us Canadians use for winterfronts. it didn't cost anything either. :-laf Shad

<a href="http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq195/shadrach1984/?action=view&amp;current=Photo0029.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]#ad
    </a>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    Shadrach , Jan 14, 2013
  2. BIGNASTY

Shad
    Not to get to far off track what do you use for a ice scraper on the windsheild? THAT LAST'S

BIGNASTY , Jan 14, 2013
  3. Shadrach

Just the regular old plastic ones, that and de-icer windshield washer antifreeze. We don't get a lot of freezing rain mostly just frost to scrape off. The best thing is a garage. :) Up here we NEVER take the snow brush/ice scraper out of the truck. In the summer time you use it to brush the bugs from your grill. Shad

Shadrach , Jan 15, 2013
  4. BIGNASTY

I hear ya on the bugs in the grill and windshield AND passing BULL WAGONS when the animals are truck sick

BIGNASTY , Jan 16, 2013
  5. GHarman

When I need a "winter Front" fer Ugly, I just drive through a Costco parking lot at peak shopping time, target an over loaded shopping cart near a snow bank and "VOILA"; instant "weather front"!:-laf:D:eek::DOo. :-laf

Man when I pick up a corrregated plastic vegetable box! I am happy! Shopping done!:-laf

GregH

GHarman , Jan 16, 2013
  6. BIGNASTY

GMan next time your in the Gas Station take a look at the sign's that are tie-rapped to a pole in the parking lot they are coroplast they are reusable winter fronts might be a sale of hot dogs or soda but they work. Ask them they have all kinds of them or a PAIR OF DIAGONAL CUTTERS WORK ALSO :-laf

BIGNASTY , Jan 17, 2013
  7. JR

I used to work with a guy who would intentionally back his truck into snow drifts to cover his liscense plate. He had too many DUIs to count, and it was his idea of "disguising" himself when he was out running the roads with a full tank (in his belly) :-laf Yup, he was more than a little pickled :D

8. DClark

I live in Montana and have the same issues in the winter. If you look at your truck under the hood, you will find a slot about 3/4" wide between the radiator and the intercooler. I made a piece of plastic that fits the width and depth of that slot with a 12" sq. hole cut out of the top center and drop it into that slot. You will need hooks on the top to hook onto the radiator to suspend it. 12" sq. hole allows some air through, allows air through the intercooler but not the radiator. Works great. Drop in-lift out simple operation. Could use plywood or even cardboard in a pinch. Havn't ck'd the 4th gens, but works on the 2nde and 3rd gens.
    DClark

DClark , Jun 25, 2013