Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexIouriev

Hi There! My friend truck have a big issue with can bus,first it has starter signal but can't crank the engine,
    find a tipm has corroded contacts i fixed that put tipm back in place same thing going on, later same day lost can bus to left front door module ECM and TCM and a lot other modules, got a fresh tipm from MAK's can't get it working as no bus to ecm. found a water under rear seat sab was under the water and connector was as well,clean it all up let it dry for a month its dry inside now, scanned it and find out all modules inside except tcm come back to live even can communicate with tipm, but still not to left front door module, ECM and TCM
    i have a diagram from mitchell 1 tcm and ecm sits on the same wires left front module different wires all connected to tipm. i need help on this one, scratching my head to much already.
    thank you

AlexIouriev , Jun 4, 2022
  2. Topzide TDR MEMBER

More info needed on what year, model, trans?

Topzide , Jun 5, 2022
  3. AlexIouriev

its 2011 Ram 3500 6.7, 68 rfe 4wd. SRW.

AlexIouriev , Jun 5, 2022
  4. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Thank you. Was this truck in a flood or just too deep of a puddle? Sound's like every connector may need to be checked. All trans connectors will need to be cleaned and check due to looking for P or N safety issue. Water can cause big problems. Water conducts and can cause things to ground out, burning up components. Good hunting, keep us posted.

Topzide , Jun 5, 2022
  5. AlexIouriev

truck has a leak from back glass so its only inside i suspect TCM has issue as P/N switch is not working as well looking to get a factory diagram as mitchell1 diagram doesn't look right for this truck .

AlexIouriev , Jun 6, 2022
  6. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Another thing could be the P/N switch cable/linkage could be slightly out of range and contacts not lining up. I've got wiring diagram for my rig if you'd think would help. Not sure what's different 2011 - 2014?

Topzide , Jun 6, 2022