Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Al Gatchell

New lower asking price......
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Long Box, 6.7L Cummins w/Exhaust Brake, AISIN 6-speed Automatic Trans., Bright White Clear Coat, Black Leather trimmed bucket seats Heated second row seats. Keyless entry, Security alarm, A/C Auto, Radio/Navigation with 9 amplified speakers/sub woofer. Protection group, Convenience group, 5th wheel/towing prep group. 3544 miles. Showroom new condition. Still under factory 3 year Basic limited warranty. Original owner. Carried Northstar pop-up camper since new. Completely stock except for Westin tube steps, Torklift frame mount camper tie downs and Nitto Exo Grappler AWT M&S tires.

$49,950.00

Sharon Gatchell

Telephone: (714) 532-2650

IMG_0111.JPG #ad

IMG_0112.JPG #ad
    IMG_0113.JPG #ad
    IMG_0114.JPG #ad

IMG_0089.jpg #ad
    IMG_0090.jpg #ad
    IMG_0090.jpg #ad
    IMG_0093.jpg #ad
    IMG_0097.jpg #ad

IMG_0090.jpg #ad

IMG_0089.jpg #ad

IMG_0093.jpg #ad

IMG_0097.jpg #ad

IMG_0111.JPG #ad

IMG_0112.JPG #ad

IMG_0113.JPG #ad

IMG_0114.JPG #ad

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Son of Al Gatchell , Aug 27, 2016
  2. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

A smart buyer can come close to that amount on a brand new rig!

SnoKing , Aug 28, 2016
  3. Son of Al Gatchell

Hello Snoking,
    We set the asking price by using current blue book value and because of condition and mileage. This is essentially a new truck.
    I found it strange that there is little price difference, using blue book value, between the 2014 and 2016 if both have the same features and both have 3500 miles on the odometer.

Son of Al Gatchell , Aug 28, 2016
  4. Hoefler

I'm thinking the same thing. I gave just a hair more of rmy dually new.

Hoefler , Aug 28, 2016
  5. Son of Al Gatchell

The original sticker on the truck was over $65,000 and I believe that my Father was able to knock four off of that. Sticker for a 2016 with approximately the same options is over $68,000.
    Looking at trucks now for sale in this area it seems that 50-56 is the going price on trucks with the same options with low mileage and like I said before this truck is "showroom".
    We are just starting the process of selling the truck after the passing of my father and are not pressed as far as time goes but of course we would like to sell it in a timely manner so we will consider reasonable offers.

6. mwilson TDR MEMBER

1st thing....Sorry for your loss. Not a pleasant task in front of you.

2nd thing...We try to be honest so don't take any advice as negative. You will be working with a very limited amount of buyers in this scenario. Pretty much anyone with a pulse can walk into a dealership and leave with a brand new or late model truck even with a token down payment and poor credit. See it here on a daily basis.

Private sales are a whole different ball game as most lending institutions want some decent money down and good credit. Those buyers are out there but they want a deal. That's one reason that they have good credit if that makes sense.

I'm not saying that you need to lowball the thing but it may be for sale for a bit. The 2017 units are due soon so it is three years old........

Just trying to give you some input.....

mwilson , Aug 28, 2016
  7. Son of Al Gatchell

mwilson,
    Thank you for the kind words and information. I have in no way felt offended to any thoughts offered here. I know that folks here have more experience with this type of vehicle than myself or my Mother. I am hoping to help my mother out with the process and I understand that "suggested retail/resale price" may not match the reality of the market.
    Would you like to make and offer??? :)

Thank you once again for your input and have a great day.

8. Bob4x4

To start I would like to say I will miss Al.An avid outdoors man.He was the kind of man I was always happy to help out.If I wasn't getting ready to retire I would snap this truck up.All the controllers have been updated to the latest versions,no outstanding recalls.Sharon had the oil and filter changed(way early)This truck is ready to pull your toys or what ever else you may need.I am sure Sharon could e-mail more pics if you would like to see more

Bob4x4 , Aug 28, 2016
  9. Son of Al Gatchell

Bob4x4
    Thank you so much for the kind words, it means so much to me and my mother. you are very kind.
    My father thought the world of you. As far as Ram Cummins diesel technicians go, you are the man.
    I have been in the automobile service business for the past 39 years and I have never heard of a technician that has your knowledge of "product" and your interest in the satisfaction of the customer.
    You are a hero in our "book".

10. Son of Al Gatchell

We tried to add a few additional photos of the truck but we are not sure if it worked out.

11. Son of Al Gatchell

I was finally able to view the photos of the truck that we up loaded to this site. So sorry that a few are upside down. I am not sure how to fix them.

Son of Al Gatchell , Aug 29, 2016
  12. Son of Al Gatchell

We have now lowered the asking price of the truck to $51,000
    I may have failed to mention previously that the camper, used but very functional, is included.

Son of Al Gatchell , Aug 31, 2016
  13. JRBurton

So sorry for your loss.
    Any pics available for the camper ?
    Thanks in advance. John

JRBurton , Sep 3, 2016
  14. Son of Al Gatchell

Hello John,
    I will post a few photos of the camper tomorrow.

Son of Al Gatchell , Sep 4, 2016
  15. Son of Al Gatchell

We have added a few photos of the included camper.

We have also lowered the asking price of the truck and camper to $49,950.00

Son of Al Gatchell , Sep 5, 2016
  16. Son of Al Gatchell

The truck has been sold.

Son of Al Gatchell , Sep 9, 2016