Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hootguy

My 07 megacab has been getting water leaks in to the cab on the passenger side since i got it used last summer,,,the truck is mint having never been in salty canadian winter,,,it seems to drip though the headliner into the grab handle and leaking out the small handle screw cover plug,,,anyone having any idea,,,sure suck to have water leaking into such a nice truck,,of course i checked the obvious like the weatherstrip..

Hootguy , Mar 2, 2014
  2. Shadrach

Do you have cab lights? I updated mine to the newer style with the exposed gasket and no more leaks. Last June while driving thru a rain storm in ND on my way to Columbus IN with a camper on top, the rain was forced under the old lights and dripping off my sun visor clips on to me. When I changed the lights I discovered the gasket on one was real bad. I had meant to change them before I went on the trip but didn't have time. David

Shadrach , Mar 2, 2014
  3. Hootguy

my truck is a 3500 dually megacab 4X4...and it does have clearance lights,,the are aftermarket,,but good ones,,Recon i believe,,,my water problem,,soaks inot the headliner material just about the grab handle,,,then drips out the handle screw hole cover...

Hootguy , Mar 2, 2014
  4. PBJ2500CTD

My prevous '05 3500 did the same thing, only on the driver's side. It was one of the middle clearance lights leaking.

PBJ2500CTD , Mar 2, 2014
  5. mfurrh55

I have the 07 mega cab and they replaced all my cab lights at dealership, said they were cracked, said they had a problem with the lights cracking and leaking, haven't had any problems since replaced, Monte

mfurrh55 , Mar 2, 2014
  6. Hootguy

I guess i will look at sealing the clearance lights then,,,i'll try to find a new set of Recon cab lights,,,and check for leaks with a hose,,,WHEN this below zero weather stops,,,

Hootguy , Mar 3, 2014
  7. WOT TDR MEMBER

There are 4 drains for the sunroof. The two in front let out between the front door hinges. Make sure the foam seal isn't blocking them. The two rear drains let out between the cab and the bed. You can open the sunroof and pour water in the track to confirm each drain works. Depending on the slope of your driveway you may have to jockey around to test all four. One thing I learned the hard way is to make sure you close the sunroof when u get mulch. That fine mulch dust will blow into the tray in the sunroof and plug the drains!
    also, be careful messing with the rubber drain fittings. Its pretty easy to push the drain line out if you push something into it to unplug them.

WOT , Mar 3, 2014
  8. OBayer

I just had this happen to my 2008 Regular cab, no clearance lights and no sunroof.

Water leaked out of the grab handle screw covers on the drivers side and my truck sits parked leaning to the right. Guess I need to look at the satellite radio antenna, but how'd the water run up hill to the drivers side ?

Only happened once that I'm aware of after some heavy rains.

OBayer , Mar 5, 2014
  9. Hootguy

Just happened to me again tuesday....this time through the drivers side handle screw cap..quite a big leak too,,,i think the ice finally melted in the sun and leaked in,,,that truck mostly sits in the winter,,so it stays rust free,,hopefully i can find out where it's comming in from,,,i guess this doesnt happen to a lot of people,

Hootguy , Mar 6, 2014