1. SquareDave

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 pulls hard to right when applying brakes hard over 40 mph. No obvious issues at less than 40.

Rotors and calipers replaced (calipers twice). Rotors look good. Brake system was flushed. No ABS alert on dash. Truck is in the shop, and car rental will send me to the poorhouse. The mechanic is scratching his head as to what to do next.

Anyone have suggestions what to do next?

Thanks,
    Dave

Addendum: Front suspension/steering/ brakes recently had comprehensive overhaul.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    SquareDave , Jul 19, 2023
  2. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

I'm in the middle of totally rebuilding my 04 front end. I have similar issues. It could be one thing or a combination of things. What's funny is as I was driving my truck into my shop I heard some crunchy sounds from the left side. Ended up the wheel bearing was shot. That can cause these symptoms as well as a bad trak bar. Also bad ball joints. I'm replacing everything.

Yo Hoot , Jul 19, 2023
  3. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Did the pulling start before or after the overhaul?

AH64ID , Jul 19, 2023
  4. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

I'm doing the work now so yea, before.

Yo Hoot , Jul 19, 2023
  5. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

I was asking the OP about their issue.

AH64ID , Jul 19, 2023
    Yo Hoot likes this.
  6. SquareDave

Problem solved!!! The shop found one brake line had reduced flow which caused to truck to pull to the right. It's nice to know that if I have to slam on the brakes I won't unnecessarily wind up on the shoulder or halfway into the adjacent lane.

Planning on another 300,000 miles if I live long enough.

Dave O.

SquareDave , Jul 22, 2023
  7. Matt42 TDR MEMBER

Was it a flex line or a steel line with the reduced flow?

Matt42 , Jul 27, 2023
  8. SquareDave

It was a flex line that was so old there was very little flex in it. The shop that did the brake job apparently managed to put a kink in it. That shop also did not flush the hydraulics and the current shop noted that the calipers did not make full contact with the rotors. I don't think I'll let ex-shop get near my truck.

SquareDave , Jul 27, 2023