Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBeretz

I have had my truck since new and the HVAC door or something seems to be messing up. It barely pushed much air out of the vents when on full AC and front vents. You can really hear the motor rumbling when it is on high. It is actually too loud to leave it on for any period of time and it still just pushes a very low amount of air out the vent. I realize it will make some noise while on high, but this is loud and the lack of air is pretty pathetic. Wondering if the door is stuck and not letting air by it? It almost sounds like the air is being pushed up against the door and rattling it, and hence all the noise. Since I have been deployed during the Summer, I haven't noticed it. Anyhow, if any of you all have ideas on how to fix it, let me know! Scotty

SBeretz , May 9, 2010
  2. AWise

AWise , May 9, 2010
  3. dieselpowered TDR MEMBER

Exact same thing happened to mine. The recerc door broke and a piece fell in the fan and caused a loud noies/vibration.

I was able to sneak a new door in without removing the dash, it was tight as mine has the factory amp for the audio in the way.

Seems to be a common problem.

dieselpowered , May 9, 2010
  4. JFought TDR MEMBER

been through it 2 times!!!

06 mega

JFought , May 9, 2010
  5. seafish

seafish , May 9, 2010
  6. SBeretz

Thanks fellers. By the sounds of it, it sounds like my recirc door is jacked up. I am on leave this week, so I will give it a look. I will probably just pull it out for now and replace it once I get the newer parts. Scotty

SBeretz , May 9, 2010