Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy DeBaillie

Gray with gray interior. Power windows, locks, tilt, cruise, am/fm cd, power drivers seat, power heated tow mirrors, rear defrost, auto dimming inside mirror, overhead council with temp and compass, cloth seats with rubber floor mat, full length running boards, billstien shocks, unigoose gooseneck ball, trailer brake controller, 100500 miles, original owner, never smoked in, stored winters, 100% rust free, interior always covered-near perfect cond, exterior no dings or scratches-only minor rock chips, tires Nitto Durra Grapplers 285-75-17E @ 75%, Brakes 90%.
    Timeline of modifications
    Dec 2006 14000 mi--Mag High Tec trans and rear end covers, 3 pod gauge set (boost, pyro, trans temp), Ats intake horn
    Mar 2007 custom dyno tune 380 hp 750 tq at rear wheels, Goerend torque converter and valve body
    Jan 2008 33600 mi--Dyna track front lockout hubs, one piece rear drive shaft, BD steering sector stabilizer frame
    Apr 2010 65200 mi-- Dyna track ball joints, 4.56 gears, Ats 5 star torque conv with valve body, (Goerend converter shuttered in reverse)
    July 2011 77000mi--Borgeson steering shaft
    April 2012 82500mi-- Engine damaged by dusting due to poor quality of rubber seal on amsoil nano air filter
    cummins reman short block
    cummins new head
    arp head studs
    Lenny Reed of DDP designed custom turbo, custom camshaft, ddp 50 hp injectors
    new water and oil pumps, all water hosed, thermostat
    complete afe air cleaner assembly using Pro Guard 7 filter
    added 2 micron auxiliary fuel filter
    Ats 2 piece exhaust manifold and billet flex plate
    Oct 2014 98000 mi--new brake fluid and all rubber hoses for brakes (5 of them), borgeson steering gear, Hell Bent adjustable 4 link front suspension links (all 4), adjustable track arm

I've used this truck on my farm since it was new. It was also my hobby for modifying and improving over the years. The truck is built to pull heavy loads and is capable of using 100% of its power 100% of the time without getting hot. Boost tops out at 35, exhaust temp never gets above 1200. Rear wheel power, 515 hp and 950 tq. I have all the dyno sheets showing temps, fuel pressure, boost, hp, etc before and after tuning. The truck was first tuned in 2007 with the current custom program that is in it today. With no added parts, only tuning, the truck made 380 hp and 750 tq at the rear wheels in 2007. It was very disappointing when something I had been servicing damaged the engine. I made the best out of a bad situation and used this opportunity to boost the power one last time. The truck still has the same tune since 2007. The only thing changed from the stock rebuild are the parts supplied by DDP.

$34500

If you have any questions please call 309-781-5218. I will be posting pictures of my truck but need assistance from TDR. They will be coming soon.
    Thanks for reading, it's been a fun ride! Randy DeBaillie

NOTE: Photos posed below.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Randy DeBaillie , Feb 7, 2016
  2. TDRadmin Staff Member

Photos of Randy's Truck attached.

Attached Files:

TDRadmin , Feb 9, 2016
  3. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

What tuner?

What turbo?

Good looking truck, very clean.

AH64ID , Feb 10, 2016
  4. Randy DeBaillie

John, thanks for the reply. I've been out of town since Wed, sorry for the delay. When I spoke to Lenny Reed about my truck I gave him all the info I could about the current power levels, how I used the truck and how much power I wanted to end up with. Previous to the damaging the motor due to dusting the truck made 380 hp and 750 tq at the rear wheels. The truck was custom tuned in 2007 by Dick Hesse of Hesse Automotive in Davenport, Ia. I wanted to be able to use all the power without worrying about heating up the motor or damaging the fuel delivery system. The only custom parts used at that time was an ATS air horn. Dick advised not going over this power rating because the stock turbo was the limiting factor and excessive boost would only heat up the air, not feed more air to the engine. The trans was upgraded also using an ATS 5 star tc and valve body. The truck ran flawlessly for 5 years. When the engine was damaged in the fall of 2011 I contacted Lenny Reed and explained my situation, how I used my truck for farming pulling heavy loads, and the power level I wanted to achieve. I wanted a single turbo with the capability of running full power for extended periods without heating up the motor. I don't know the exact specs of the turbo but I do know it makes incredible power while only generating 36 pounds of boost. The cam Lenny sent uses a custom grind that eliminates the valve overlap that allowed the stock engine to take in a small amount of exhaust gas during each intake stroke. That is why Cummins didn't need to use an EGR valve on their factory engines. My engine takes in only fresh air each intake stroke. The 3rd and final custom part from DDP was the 50 hp injectors. They were new Bosch injectors with ddp special honed tips. The final numbers after the rebuild netted 135 hp and 200 lbs tq at the rear wheels...515 hp and 950 tq total rwp. The exhaust gas temps taken before the turbo are actually cooler now than when the truck was completely stock. Any other questions I'll try to answer quicker. Thanks, Randy

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Randy DeBaillie , Feb 14, 2016
  5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Mine makes 383/912 at the rear wheels with all stock Engine except a Smarty JR on Level Performance.
    So the Stock Turbo and Injectors don't limit it to the levels you were told.

Ozymandias , Feb 15, 2016
  6. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Randy, do you know what platform DDP is using to tune the truck?

They certainly limit the useable power, dyno power is very different. The stock HE351 cannot support over 400hp sustained while towing, and even less when you throw any elevation at it. The performance level on the Jr is only good for towing up to about 1,500 feet in elevation, if that. The tow mode is only good up to about 3,500 feet without having to watch the pyro.

When I tune for people with the stock turbo they get about 350-375rwhp if they tow and get over 1,000 feet while towing.

People have made over 500 on the stock turbo on the dyno, but don't try that towing.

AH64ID , Feb 15, 2016
  7. Randy DeBaillie

Hello again John. I'm not quite sure what you mean by platform. In 2007, Dick Hesse knew someone at Bully Dog that was able to do custom tunes based on how his customers used their trucks. That gentleman created the tune for my truck that is still in it today. No switches, no dials, just power. I do completely agree with the comments I've received about the power levels of my truck. I know incredible power is possible with stock parts but extended periods of full power pulls aren't sustainable. When I say full power I'm talking about loading a John Deere 8320 tractor on my gooseneck with a combined weight including truck at just under 40,000 lbs, setting the cruise at 65, and making a 30 mile run on interstate 74 with rolling hills to the JD dealership. That's what I'm talking about-- useable power. By the way I did sell my truck. The truck went to California. Thanks for the comments. Randy

Randy DeBaillie , Feb 21, 2016
  8. ACerf

Wow, 35k for an 06' I find it hard to want to pay that much for any truck that old. But I guess it is what the market will bear.

ACerf , Mar 14, 2016