1. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

About to put in an order for NEW Stock injectors, Power Driven Diesel as a distributor is selling Dynomite Diesel Products and im looking at their DDP branded NEW injectors and connector tubes.

Link: https://powerdrivendiesel.com/product/dodge-03-04-stock-brand-new-injector/

The injectors come with a 1 year warranty from DDP and a flow test sheet.

How reputable is this brand? I know they're a Bosch certified shop but im just curious if anyone has any opinions about their products?

I'm considering PDD (the distributor) because they have a giveaway going for a second gen built truck and 5K cash for expenses, taxes, etc. It'd be convenient if i could win so I could pay off this loan im taking out for these injectors and a spare truck would give me some time to put this 03 under the knife for a clutch and lower re-seal.

Side info for your consideration:
    03 5.9 HO NV5600, 207K when I got it bone stock fuel and oil filtration, 210K 2 Micron fuel and oil (FASS/Amsoil).

I noticed injector hang shortly after I got her but it was very early it its symptoms no hard starts through its first winter, No smoke and no issues besides a hang while idling after coming to a stop. It's more of the same now, just holds 1K longer I get by by kicking the brake (increasing power steering system load) and running a whimpering A/C system before all my blend doors drop like flies.

As of most recently she smells richer on cold start up and soot is a bit heavier underneath my bed and frame (4-5ft of the 4in exhaust broke off and it ends right at the front of the rear bed side quarter). Still drives normal with no noticeable power or mpg changes (I keep a drivers log of every key on key off trip with notes)

Darkbloodmon , Apr 16, 2020
  2. p-Bar

Check into BBI's they are the only thing I would buy

p-Bar , Apr 17, 2020
    Silver Tex likes this.
  3. jjdiesel TDR MEMBER

I've had their 50HP injectors in my signature truck since 113k, now at 180k. They have been ok..no issues. They do leave a lot of soot on my bumper though. If I were to do it again, I would do the BBi injectors. From the guys on this forum, they seem to be the best going, hands down. I'm sure more will chime in.

jjdiesel , Apr 17, 2020
    p-Bar likes this.
  4. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

Thanks for turning me on to BBI, reading through their about page, I really like their credentials. It's hard to find a no-nonsense parts supplier in the US with so many diesel shops competing with each other on this new craze. 2800 approx isn't bad at all for a new improved set and tubes and the set is balanced.... with test sheets. That's really nice. Definitely worth more than this 3100 gamble from DDP for a drawing truck. Though my turbo is now on its way out thanks to the previous owners.

Darkbloodmon , Apr 18, 2020
  5. jjdiesel TDR MEMBER

My DDP's were over $3k back in 2011...injectors only.

jjdiesel , Apr 18, 2020
  6. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

2880 total shipped, I ordered directly from their site. https://www.bigbanginjection.com/ I saw some US distributors listing them as well over 3K for a set no tubes. The mark up from some distributors is crazy.

7. jjdiesel TDR MEMBER

That's awesome...sounds like you've done well!

jjdiesel , Apr 18, 2020
  8. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

Hopefully the install is seamless, just found out yesterday that my turbo is on its way out aswell while i was poking around and looking things over, internal seal leak and the compressor wheel is milling out the inlet housing ever so slightly. I have a used one on the way from Indiana but it needs to be rebuilt and refurbished it's been sitting for a while. Any links to a genuine Holset HE341W rebuild kit or should a start a new post?

9. seafish

Holset is the turbo subsidiary of Cummins.
    I would simply contact your local Cummins distributor !!!

seafish , Apr 18, 2020
    Darkbloodmon likes this.
  10. jjdiesel TDR MEMBER

It may be worth your time to talk to http://www.turboresource.com/. With the slight upgrade to your injectors a slight upgrade to the stock turbo may be in order. Tell them what you're doing and see what they offer. It may not be more $ than a stock rebuild.

jjdiesel , Apr 19, 2020
    Darkbloodmon likes this.
  11. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

I'll give them a ring, it'd be great if I could just get something stronger on the bearing side. If not hopefully they can point me in the direction with a decent rebuild kit.

Darkbloodmon , Apr 19, 2020