as it says. found smog exemption answer in 2017 post but can't find it now

frotrk , Feb 1, 2020
  2. frotrk

found it in archive search. thanks anyway
    had to signup again, gone to long i guess
    Clark

frotrk , Feb 1, 2020
  3. p-Bar

I have a letter from Chrysler for my 04.5 with a lifetime warranty on the ECM due to issues with the monitors and won't pass smog they will replace

p-Bar , Feb 1, 2020
  4. 2004.5-5.9

Do you have a copy of this letter I might need it for my dealership

2004.5-5.9 , Feb 24, 2020
  5. 2004.5-5.9

Do you have a copy of this letter I can get or tell me where I can find it ?

2004.5-5.9 , Feb 24, 2020
  6. p-Bar

PM me your email . I found it

p-Bar , Feb 26, 2020
  7. Ricardo Virgen

Hi there: I have the same problem with my 2004 dodge Cummins, can you please send me the letter I am trying to pass smog test but it keeps failing due to “CCM not ready”.
    Thanks

Ricardo Virgen , Apr 4, 2020
  8. p-Bar

Pm me your email

p-Bar , Apr 4, 2020
  9. georgeevans

Would you please forward me a copy of the Chrysler document for my use/files? Mine is an 04.5 LB 4X4.
    Thank you,
    George

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    georgeevans , Apr 5, 2020
  10. sarj TDR MEMBER

I'd be interested in just to have it too. Need to smog in a few months, and you never know what might come up. I still have a few years before I beat this place for higher ground

sarj , Apr 5, 2020
  11. Regcabguy

I'm at a loss for the pm procedure with the new format. I used to just click on the members name and you had a choice. Can someone enlighten me. I'd like a copy of the letter for a friend.
    Thanks

Regcabguy , Apr 5, 2020
  12. seafish

Basically the same thing.
    Click once on the members name in the upper left corner of one of their posts
    A pop up window should open in the center of the existing window
    Find and click on "Start a Conversation"

seafish , Apr 5, 2020
  13. Regcabguy

Thanks Clark. I just got it. Little different format.
    You're getting some more rain I guess? We're going to be accumulating a couple of inches along the coast here.

Regcabguy , Apr 5, 2020
  14. seafish

LOL...I guess "start a conversation" is more politically correct then "private message"

Yup, still raining this weekend and had about 2" of rain last month...better then nothing, but season to date is STILL at drought levels -- less then 24" total rain

For comparison's sake, when I moved here 25 years ago, seasonal average was 60" of rain.

seafish , Apr 5, 2020
  15. p-Bar

Here's the letter easier to post it

Attached Files:

p-Bar , Apr 5, 2020
    sarj and seafish like this.
  16. Regcabguy

My friend lives in Gold Beach. That place can rain. We were camped at Cape Blanco years a go and the caretaker said it had rained for 2 months straight. He was a California guy who was headed to Yuma to dry out after his commitment ad ended.

Regcabguy , Apr 5, 2020
  17. seafish

p-bar

THANKS for that !!! I assure many of us long term members appreciate it.

That said, for your privacy and security sake, you should immediately remove the posted attachment letter with your name and address and VIN number, then either digitally or physically edit a copy that you can repost here without your personal information which however unlikely, could improperly be used by malicious people to eventually scam you somehow.

Just my .02

seafish , Apr 5, 2020
  18. p-Bar

Agree. I'll print it out and sharpie personal stuff. Just wanted to get it out to everyone.

p-Bar , Apr 5, 2020
  19. sarj TDR MEMBER

thank you very much

sarj , Apr 5, 2020
    p-Bar likes this.
  20. 10-9jc

"Heads Up" to/for CA smog testing.
    *If* your CA registered vehicle is out-of-state (for whatever reason) - CA still wants their revenue (of course)!
    *If* your vehicle is in another location that *has* testing capabilities, CA expects you to get it tested there.

However - if there are *no* testing facilities, you can fill out a "Statement of Fact" - at the DMV or AAA.
    You will still pay your license (registration) fees, but you will *not* be required to provide a smog test certificate.

You will be required to provide the address where your out-of-state vehicle is located.
    (Ex: You store your truck in Bullhead City, AZ - like I do - so you can tow your boat while you are at the Colorado River - as you don't want to bring your boat back to CA. Address could be your friend's place, the storage facility, etc. BTW - Bullhead City, AZ is in Mohave County).

Also - provide a date when the vehicle will return to CA. Best estimate - or "guess"?

"Playing it straight" - At one time I had tried to get a test done *after* I had brought my truck back to CA.
    No mods - just wanted to see if it would pass.
    The smog test station had no clue how to do that - said it's registered now, just wait until you get your next
    registration due notice. If CA did a drone fly-over (LOL) of my CA residence - see my truck & dispatch the smog police - I would certainly tell them: #1, I tried (as above) - and #2 - just brought it back, will try to get a test ASAP (but back to #1)

BTW - at one time a friend had an empty seat in his Cesna 172. Chip in for fuel. Fly up, fly back to/from the Bullhead City Airport. Truck stays at the River. "We" use it for transportation, and to tow my boat - tow his boat as needed.

Now - it's just sitting at a friend's full time house in Mojave Valley - no "River Fun" due to COVID.
    Friend sold his plane. I don't need it here - PITA = takes 2nd driver & 2nd vehicle - to get it & bring it back.

Took way longer to keyboard this - than fill out the form.

~

10-9jc , Apr 18, 2020