Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSP7

I google search and found several vids about broken vent door on 3rd gens

Sounds like what is wrong with my new to me 2005

Anyone have the vent door break like this?

GSP7 , Jun 2, 2023
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

The single Zone break, the dual Zone last.

Ozymandias , Jun 2, 2023
  3. GSP7

What the heck is that supposed to mean? geeze!

I found out my vent door is broken , I pulled it out. It blows air now but only a little cold on drivers side , Pass side vents blowing are not cold ail at all. My truck AC was just charged/refilled at the dealer

If I replace the vent door will it work properly or is something else wrong

GSP7 , Jun 2, 2023
  4. MarkEagleUSA TDR MEMBER

Cold driver side and warm passenger side can indicate low freon charge.

MarkEagleUSA , Jun 2, 2023
  5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Dual Zone heater don't break, usually. The lower trim Single zone heater door tend to break.

Blenddoor-USA is the solution.

https://www.blenddoorusa.com/collections/3rd-gen-02-09-dodge-ram-truck

Ozymandias , Jun 2, 2023
  6. GSP7

GSP7 , Jun 3, 2023
  7. GSP7

Wrong, No
    And its R134 not Freon , and I posted that the AC system was just charged, checked, on dealers AC machine

GSP7 , Jun 3, 2023
  8. MarkEagleUSA TDR MEMBER

MarkEagleUSA , Jun 3, 2023
  9. GSP7

I'll have to contact that guy in your link about his same issue, and do some research. I just bought my 2005 and the dealer just recharged and checked the AC system as part of the deal

GSP7 , Jun 3, 2023
  10. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Regardless of whether the system was just checked and refilled, it's been a very common problem that low refrigerant charge can cause warm air on the passenger side. When it's running how cold is the return line which is the big line coming out of the firewall. If there's not enough refrigerant to saturate the AC condenser it pulls all the heat out before the refrigerant can get back to the compressor and that line will be warmer than normal. If it's fully charged that line should be ice cold. If it's ice cold then you have a problem with the vents and or doors.

sag2 , Jun 3, 2023
  11. User113 TDR MEMBER

I have had my truck recharged by the dealer, and had to take it back to get it topped off the next day. They said the sticker on the truck was incorrect! Take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

User113 , Jun 4, 2023