Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wcjp

Friend just bought an 03' Laramie w/dual zone Hvac. Noticed today the driver's side vent blows colder than the passenger side. The passenger side vent feels somewhat warm. I asked him to flip the controls to recirc. Same problem. Any ideas? My 06' only has single climate control.

wcjp , Jun 27, 2007
  2. LesStallings

Do a search. It's been discussed many, many times.

The recirc and/or blend door is most likely broken. Happens all the time. The dealer will replace a bunch of stuff for about $1,000...

LesStallings , Jun 27, 2007
  3. wcjp

I tried various searches going back one year. Couldn't find anyone with his specific problem. Found many that mention the recirc and/or blend door. Also the switch in the dash. Hoping someone had more specific info. Luckily, it's the passenger side that has the problem. It's more of the wife's problem than his.

wcjp , Jun 27, 2007
  4. DPKetchum

Proberly nothing to do with a dual system. eaither low charge or broken hvac door or both. Should be LOTS of reading in archives.

DPKetchum , Jun 27, 2007
  5. rbeyer

I have the dual air controls. My dealer fixed this problem for me by totally draining the system and refilling to full specification. Apparently, they use a mixture that includes some oil and they believe the oil settles and somehow precludes cooling on one side. I thought it sounded as logical as the cow jumping over the moon - but, that is their story and they are sticking to it.

Anyway, this was done at the direction of DC's area warranty representative. They did this last year and it worked until the winter. They did it again 3 weeks ago -- So far, the passenger side is about 2 degrees warmer than the driver's side. I do not know if this will become an annual service item or if it is a true fix, but I'm suspicious that it will be an annual service requirement.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
    rbeyer , Jun 27, 2007