1. KMC

I am thinking of moving up to 235/85/16's on the dually. In the event of a close fit to prevent rubbing I understand a 1/4" spacer can be installed between the inner and outer wheel.

What is the general concensus regarding this option? Are they safe under loading such as a camper? Moving the reaction point for the second wheel out 1/4" and distributing it over 8 studs does not seem like it would induce much additional moment on the studs. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ken

KMC , Feb 2, 2002
  2. Excessive Force

Ran them in my '95 dually . no problems at all pulling an 18' trailer with my pulling truck on it along with all my gear in the back. gross weight of truck&trailer 16,000# . never had a camper in it. a friend has a dually with the same set-up,pulls a 30' gooseneck hauling farm tractors no problems. we both were running 255-85-16 BFG MUD TERRAINS. :cool:

Excessive Force , Feb 3, 2002
  3. Extreme1

One thing to check first: make sure that the center of the hub where the wheel pilots has enough sticking out so that when you put the spacer on the wheel isn't hanging by the lugs.

Extreme1 , Feb 4, 2002
  4. pwknapp

Ok I want to put 255/85's on also. Where did you get the spacers and what size were they??

pwknapp , Feb 6, 2002
  5. Excessive Force

BIG RUBBER

Now you're talkin'... I got my spacers from NAPA. You'll like the looks of the taller tires, as the fill the wheelwells nicely . :cool:

Excessive Force , Feb 6, 2002
  6. JCotte

Do you have numbers

Do you have the NAPA part numbers? I would be interested in a set for my 99 dually also. Thanks, John, Bad boys toys.

JCotte , Feb 6, 2002
  7. KMC

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
    KMC , Feb 6, 2002