Try an APPS reset that may work !

Graphic man , Feb 17, 2005
  3. Pat@BD TDR Advertiser

Pat@BD , Feb 17, 2005
  4. jabird

Explain the APPS reset for me please. I have similar trouble

jabird , Feb 17, 2005
  5. ACoyle

The reflash is a TSB put out by Dodge to reporgram your transmission controller to help alleviate this problem. It works for some, not for others. You can also try the following:

1) Clean your battery cables, make sure the connections and all the terminsls that conncct to the terminal clamp are very clean. Take you time doing this. leave the batteries are disconnected for at least half an hour. This will reset the APPS. Now to reprogram it. Connect the batteries. Turn the truck on, do not start. Slowly push the throttle to the floor and slowly back up. Your APPS is recalibrated.

2) Get one of the Automatic transmission noise filters that are available from one or more of the aftermarket trans dealers.

Maybe even do both. One of the causes is very small nose spikes messing up the computers.

Hope this helps.

AC

ACoyle , Feb 17, 2005
  6. BillGotthelf

BillGotthelf , Feb 17, 2005
  7. jabird

looked at the web site... what does it do??? what does it tap into? I didnt really see much info on the site. I have a "filter" Dave Gorend sent out to me but I havent installed it yet.

jabird , Feb 18, 2005
  8. BillGotthelf

I believe that it takes the TPS signal from the TPS which is routed to the ECM and then through the TCM normally (which is how the signal can get screwed up by outside electrical sources) and puts it directly to the TCM.

BillGotthelf , Feb 18, 2005